This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of working the drives at the arena

I don't know if I posted any of my drive stories but they're entertaining.
    Background: The drives is the entrance to the arena, we have 4 drives that are open. One enters from a backroad, another near a bar, the 3rd near a gas station, and a 4th that you can enter from the freeway. The drives are basically where you pay for parking, get your pass checked, and well uh enter. As for being a parking cashier, it's a lot different from a conventionel cashier. We don't use registers so we don't take other forms of payment, just cash or a pass. We have these aprons that hold that stuff for us. For basketball games, parking is $10 while concerts is $15.

The various things said by SCs in drives shall begin!

"$10!? Buddy do you know what kind of illegal shit I do to get my money?"

"$10! I pray to the lord for a safe trip and then I have to deal with Satan's spawn like you?"

"I'm not paying this fucking much for fucking parking, you're doing me in various places for this pal!"

$15!?!?! Come on I've been a customer for 30 years here, won't you let me in for free?" (Our arena has been open since 1988.)

"WHAT!?!?!?!?! THAT FUCKING MUCH!?!?! Come on I'm on a fixed income!"

And then there is the bar bus, one of the downsides is being hit by a bus mirror, then there's the bar bus. I swear the bus learned to drive from NYC cab drivers as I have had to dive away from him a good many times. He's a nice guy but just a crazy driver. I'll post more drive stories when I can, I rarely work them as you all know where I'm usually stuck.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

10 bucks? Hope these people never try to park in a New York City parking garage! I went with my brother to see Tori Amos about 5 years ago and it cost $30 for about 2 hours of parking. (Luckily I wasn't paying for it, or the ticket either; his friend bailed on him at the last minute which is the only reason I went in the first place. Good show. )
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
      "WHAT!?!?!?!?! THAT FUCKING MUCH!?!?! Come on I'm on a fixed income!"
      All together now: "Fiiiixed Innnncome!"

Comment

Working...
      X