This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was an absolute wreck today

Thursday morning, when I went into work, I found out that there were some armed robbers on the loose. They hadn't hit our store, but they were in the area.

For some reason, I was almost hysterical when I had to work this afternoon. It's been almost 4 years since I was robbed, and I haven't been this worried in a VERY long time. I totally did NOT want to be by myself today. Hell, I even begged one of the cops to stay at the store. No dice.

I talked to my boss, but the only thing he said he could do would be to put me back on first shift...which would take away my assistant manager status.

Of course, I worried to no purpose. No bad guys came to visit.

It sucked. I cried. I hate crying.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Golly, BV, that's hectic! I'm so glad they didn't hit your store!
    Sorry you were so worried the whole day Your boss is an asshat for being so unsympathetic
    *hands over choccies*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Aw,

I guess the best thing to do is have the cops on speed dial. I'd hope the manager would have more concern for your peace of mind.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm threadjacking my own post...

Maybe he was getting me back for the other day?*...OK, I know he wasn't but still.

*The other day, I asked why and howcome (lol) everyone gets to pick and choose their schedules.

"What do you mean?"

Well, I happen to know that K didn't want to work 1st, R didn't want to work 2nd, and B didn't want to work 3rd (not all on the same day). By sheer coincidence, none of the 3 had to work the shifts they didn't want to work. They were all allowed to trade with each other to get the shift they each wanted. There are shifts that I don't want to work, but guess what? I work it anyway.

I was told that they were NOT allowed to pick and choose, and that I shouldn't assume that they did. Yeah. Uh huh. I believe that one, and that "gullible" is written on the ceiling.

It's been kind of a crappy week at work. All my anxiety, being pissed at schedule changes, and 3 driveoffs in 5 days.

I need a vacation.
        Last edited by Bella_Vixen; 03-04-2007, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post

It's been kind of a crappy week at work. All my anxiety, being pissed at schedule changes, and 3 driveoffs in 5 days.
          Ah-wuh? (bad Tim Allen impersonation)

I thought you had to pre-pay for gas in Milwaukee. Unless you're someplace other than there.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF, it's not like she works on 36th and Capitol. She works near the Waukesha/Brookfield border.

Back to the subject... :comforting pats: there, there™®

Things'll get better.

Oh, yeah...one more thought. Driveoffs SUCK.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh. Then I imagine that would be safer.

I just know in the city of Milwaukee you have to pre-pay for gas, so I'm always sure to fill my gas tank before going down there.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF, I know some of those places, too. I can't remember the last time I was near some of them.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I haven't been to Milwaukee in years.....but if it makes you feel any better Bella, I'll come down and sit through a shift with you. I just gotta be back to the Coule Region by 11 lol.

I forgot, do you work at a big gas station or mom and pop type? A lot of times, just to make things interesting and to cover their tracks easier, robbers will hit smaller stores. Less cameras and less chance of getting caught. It's not a comforting thought, but it's scary reality.

We had 2 guys on a small convenience store robbing spree this time last year. Every day I prayed to God that they'd be caught before they hit us.
                  Last edited by Rapscallion; 03-07-2007, 06:02 AM. Reason: Race of robbers removed - R
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Blas, you are more than welcome to come and hang out with me.

I work for a corporation, and we are almost everywhere so people would have to be stupid to rob us...but then again, you never get much money robbing a gas station anyway.

What gets me about what my boss said, is that I've been working 1st shift just as muc, if not more, then working 2nd shift the last 2-3 months, so I don't see what the problem is. Oh well.

Comment

I understand what you mean about the scheduling Bella. Our scheduler has certain people he abuses (this includes me, as I am nice and take icky/extra shifts to cover for people), and certain people he gives everything they want. We finally called him on it the other day, and he's now got someone working with him and approving the schedules before they go out.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I found out today that the robber has hit again (still not at our store, though). I also found out that EVERYONE knew about it, but no one felt the need to tell me.

I think I'm going to start looking for a new job.

Comment

*hugs* I'm sorry you had a rough day. Being robbed is NOT fun and it can mess with your head for years. I don't blame you for being a little wigged out!

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                          Yeah. Uh huh. I believe that one, and that "gullible" is written on the ceiling.
                          On a completely unrelated note, if it makes you feel better, "gullible" WAS written on the ceiling in the green room of my old theater. The boys used to have LOTS of fun getting the froshlings with that one.
                          "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Working...
                          X