X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More immaturity at work

.....from older employees.

With the layoff soon starting, last week, that was obviously the topic on everyone's mind. But some of the disparaging things I was hearing from older people made me want to backhand all of them.

Some things I heard in the hallways, bathrooms and in the smoking areas....

"There shoudn't be any decision making involved.......get rid of these stupid kids around here, they don't know what real work is!"

"They CANNOT lay me off, I have kids!"

"Why don't you just take the layoff, blas, you have nothing to pay for you don't have a family you don't understand the toll this takes on people with families."

Rrrrrr
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

So because you don't have a family you can be put out on the street? I don't have a family, I still have bills. It's being able to support myself that might lead to my having a family some day....
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well apparently, single people without kids live for free!!!

They must have forgotten me lol.

I'd love to just take it with a grain of salt, because the retards saying this are just jealous that us "stupid young kids" are in college/working and have bright futures, while they were too busy dropping acid when they were that age. It's no one's fault but their own that they are stuck there.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        woo hoo, does that mean i can stop paying my bills?
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Well, maybe younger, single people don't have kids to support, but I'm sure a lot of those people at blas's work have spouses that have jobs also. For us single people, well, our job is it. Without it we're screwed.

I'm not trying to say that married people have it made, but I think when you have a spouse making money it's a bit easier than if you were the only income earner in the household. It would help out in case one of them lost their job. Of course, maybe some of these people at blas's job are single or have unemployed spouses, I dunno. I just think it's ignorant of them to think that certain people don't "need" jobs as much as they do. It reminds me of this time I was talking to a guy I worked with at the restaurant and told him I had bills to pay and that's why I was working there, and he said: "What do you mean, your parents aren't hooking you up?" Not all college kids have parents that pay for everything.
          Last edited by Giggle Goose; 03-05-2007, 12:56 AM. Reason: Typos. damn Nyquil!
          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
            Not all college kids have parents that pay for everything.
            Nope, just the spoiled yuppie college kids.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

And some of us are college grads who happen to be single and living on our own. My parents help me out a little bit, here and there, but if I lost my job? I'd be moving back in with them--if I asked nicely, not keeping my apartment and my stuff.

A lifestyle choice (being married and/or having kids) does not mean you should get special treatment at work. You having kids does not make you any better or worse at your job. I'm better at my job than a lot of people I work with, but apparently, since I'm young and single, I should be the first to go.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

They must have forgotten me lol.

I'd love to just take it with a grain of salt, because the retards saying this are just jealous that us "stupid young kids" are in college/working and have bright futures, while they were too busy dropping acid when they were that age. It's no one's fault but their own that they are stuck there.
                Exactly! They sound just like disgruntled old farts who have been with the company forever.
                I'm Schizophrenic, and So Am I!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  "Why don't you just take the layoff, blas, you have nothing to pay for you don't have a family you don't understand the toll this takes on people with families."
                  "Well, gee, I'd LIKE to, I really would, but my mother needs this operation and I'm already half an orphan and my parents sold my siblings to the Amish years ago..."
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I personally believe everyone should be treated equally with this issue, no one deserves to be laid off, no one. No one "should" be laid off. This layoff is going to hurt ALOT of people, young AND old, believe it or not lol. Everyone is going to hurt equally.

Comment

I got laid off from my first retail job. A few months before that, I started working in the office of this particular job.
                      My Fanfic Page
                      My Fiction Page
                      My Social Group
                      My Pet Social Group
                      My You Tube Channel

Comment

BIG UPDATE!

My job was spared!!!

*Do the happy dance, do the happy dance!*

*Do the moonwalk....*

Let's see here....

Stupid Kid= 1
                        Old assholes= 0

Muahahahahahaa.

Comment

W00t! That's fab news blas! *breaks out a keg*
                          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Blas!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              Stupid Kid= 1
                              Old assholes= 0
                              Being stupid > Being an asshole

I guess it's becuase people confuse being stupid with lack of knowledge. In these cases you can learn to be clever, while they'll still be an asshole.
                              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X