This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Day

Tomorrow is The Big Day when The Big Wig from corporate will arrive from The Big Wig HeadQuarters to inspect our humble little store.

We have made vast improvements and are quite proud of how clean and organized the store is (wrecked wouldn't even begin to describe how it was a month and a half ago). The DL was in today and was also EXTREMELY happy with what we've done and in the short amount of time we've accomplished it.

We feel ready and we have our fingers crossed that The Big Wig will be as impressed with the store as we are.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Awhile back we were told the VP from our company would be at our store. I was thrilled as l'd be the one on shift at the time.

But the jerk never showed up! Not that day, not any day.

Comment

We're regularly visited by everybody up to and including the CEO. The next scheduled visit is Friday (manager reviews for the quarter) but the CEO tends to pop in by himself unannounced on Saturdays. Then again, we're not exactly a multi-national corporation (only 28 stores counting the 7 we just bought, all in NW Indiana or NE Illinois).

BTW, the CEO's biggest gripe (that I hear about anyway, he gripes to the managers who in turn gripe to us) is parking lot cleanliness, one of the things we normally leave to the company that owns our shopping complex. But their parking lot cleaners don't come in on the weekends, so quite often I'll have a manager frantically demand that I sweep the entire sidewalk from the Family Dollar next door all the way to the corner of the building, and about 50 feet into the parking lot in the same space. And sometimes it's pretty bad, especially if the wind is bad. Remember the people whose job it actually is to clean the parking lot left Friday at around 9 am and it's now 2pm on Saturday.

It's times like that when I thank our equivalent to a DM (same functions, it's just that our "districts" aren't exactly geographic--I think his official title is "store supervisor" but I'm not entirely sure) for bypassing the managers and coming directly to me to ask if it would be beneficial to buy the store a Billy Goat. We don't use the goat often, but it cuts a half hour of spot sweeping down to about five to ten minutes.
      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
      My MySpace
      My LiveJournal

Comment

Our CEO has been here twice in the time I've been working at this company, and I've never met him. There's a big broohaha kicked up for when he arrives and we have to "prepare" ourselves to talk to him, and then it never happens.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

We were supposed to have a corporate visit yesterday. The suits didn't like the way our backroom looked when they visited about a week ago, so they gave us a bunch of extra hours to get everything ship-shape.

Several days of back-breaking and ball-busting labor later (remember, we have no forklift--it's out being repaired!), we got things looking nice.

And then--the corporate visitors never showed up.

Great. Just great. Now my coworkers can FUBAR the whole thing up just in time for when they really visit, and then they'll be in every week or so while we try to clean up.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I HATE THAT!

We get prewarned when potential customers are coming to visit the factory to observe our process and cleanliness and whatnot.........

and they never show up!!!!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Nightangel! Updates! Did they show? Did everything go smoothly if they did show?

Enquiring minds want to know!
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Funny thing is- I don't know yet.

I was told it may be as late as Saturday before any of the toured stores know anything conclusively. What's up with that?!
                I'm hoping to see my SM and get some more info today. Trust me- if I knew- I'd tell.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Our District and Regional Managers are always saying they are going to come visit, but they never show up either. Oh well, I'm not going to complain.

Comment

Yep. They came and they were happy with the store looks. Yea us!

What they were really ticked off about was the way our store had been remodled. Our store used to be a whole lot bigger- we still have the same amount of product but only about half the room to keep it in. Apparently, there are big wigs chewing other big wigs asses over okaying the remodle fiasco.

They were impressed with the SM and I and how well we're bringing it all together. They were discussing with the DL about how long did she think before we'd be ready to take the roll of District Trainers?

We SO rock!

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Grats! That's awesome!!
                      "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Working...
                      X