This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have 30 minutes on shift!

My ride got here early, 30 minutes early to be exact. He walks in holding an invoice from the car mechanic to show me. I have a customer in the store, so I just leave it on the counter. Granted, the customer is just browsing, but still. He starts talking about a costume we're working on for him, showing me little spikes he had bought at the leather supply store. I'd seen them, so I go back to working.

He keeps talking while I'm trying to answer the customer's questions and start my closing duties. I look at him and say "I'm still working, ok?" I mean seriously, I'm here to work, not talk to you about stuff that can wait 30 minutes for me to close. So he's waiting in the back office, which drives me up the wall since he's NOT AN EMPLOYEE, but there isn't anywhere else for him to wait really. I think in the future I'll remind him not to get her early. This is just silly. I have a job to do.

I hate that. When I needed a ride home, and they would come hella early, before I got off shift.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

After my car accident a few years ago my parents were driving me to work for about a week, since my neck was too stiff to drive safely. My dad would come early to pick me up and shop for books
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X