This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First paycheck!

Hi everyone I'm new! . I work for a charity at a call center and I got my first paycheck this week . Spending it felt really good even though it was just for bus tickets . So, how did you spend your first paycheck?

My first 2 paychecks from my callcenter job went to buying a whole new bedroom set. At the age of 22 I finally got to upgrade from a twin bed to a queen !! Felt so good to buy that all on my own.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

It was so long ago I don't remember. Probably something boring like rent, or food.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Gas in my car, and my cell phone bill. My mom thought that because I started working that I should pay my own bills... wtf mom...
        I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
        "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
          At the age of 22 I finally got to upgrade from a twin bed to a queen !!
          lucky-my husband and I still sleep in a twin-we're only in it together twice a week though!
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

*clears the cobwebs*
            Hmm.. I probably spent it on the newest Oingo Boingo album, or Tears for Fears.

I started working when I was 14, in 1986.
            Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I put mine in savings. Not so exciting.
              Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Oingo Boingo? Are you kidding? Weren't they like, a cameo appearance in back to school, with Rodney Dangerfield?

Comment

My first pay check, I spent it on, probably dates. My first Huge Check, I had to pay bills
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My first paycheck was spent on a necklace. I'd seen it the day before I got a call about an interview; went to the interview the next day and got a call saying I was hired that night. I bought it as soon as my pay was in my account.
                    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
                    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
                    <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                      Oingo Boingo? Are you kidding?
                      I :heart: Oingo Boingo! The Dead Man's Party album is always a main stay in my music collection.

Even now.

*puts on headphones and blasts No One Lives Forever*
                      Last edited by NightAngel; 03-20-2007, 07:37 AM.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

errrr my first paycheque was for $5.55 (the hourly minimum wage in Ontario when I started working at age 14... I think that was... 1989?). My mom gave me a $5 and had the damn thing framed. She *still* owes me the 55¢

And yeah, I had to start buying my own clothes, shoes and school supplies when I was 15 and could work LEGALLY.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Mmmm...my first "real" paychecque would have been from mowing the lawn at the local church all summer in 1997. I got paid a lump sum at the end of the summer, and I spent it all going through the Sears catalogue.

CD player-$190, crapped out by the time I started college. Still haven't replaced it.

Calgary Flames jersey-$65, and I still have it--it's the home jersey, and it was the first year that they changed the design from the old red, white, and yellow from the Lanny McDonald days. Used it as a practice jersey for my hockey "career", although I don't wear it much anymore. (I prefer to wear my red one.)
                          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I started working as soon as I turned 14. I took my first paycheck to Wal-Mart, all $210 of it.
                            "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                            -FSTDT

Comment

My first real paycheck? I bought a zip drive for my computer (biggest storage medium I could get for my crappy machine at the time.) That was about 8-9 years ago and I still have it!
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X