Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Look Happier Or Leave" (or, Ralerin has had enough. Language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ralerin View Post
    "You should've told me before I printed the schedule."
    *using a tone of voice like you're talking to a very difficult baby* "Well, next time maybe you'll actually be smart enough to check the request off dates before you make the schedule, ok?"

It might also help if you said the above to him real slow and pat him on the head to make him aware of just how much of a completely stupid dipshit he was for it.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Left today. I cried, because, well, 5 years of work has come to an end. I just realized that I didn't even technically get the 2 weeks, I got 8 days. So, eh...
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Aw. Changing jobs is rough. Take some time to take care of yourself; you deserve it.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

By the way if it was their choice and not yours on leaving you might be able to get unemployment. After all, it's not your fault if they didn't let you work out your notice. At least you didn't do like I did at the grocery store job and cuss out the manager and walk out. (Not the smartest thing to do in today's market but I'm so much happier since I left the place that it's worth it.)

Is there any chance of your part-time job becoming full-time? It might be worth looking into if you're reasonably happy there.

Whatever happens, just remember that you have all of our support.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Thanks Teysa. I'm going to ask my other job if ai can be made fulltime tomorrow. For now, day off and enjoying it.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Since there's rules about retaliation regarding HR issues and whatnot, it makes me wish there were retaliation rules about two week notices and differences with management.

I can't tell you how many times a shift lead at my work or a sup even has gotten a bug up their ass over something THEY DID WRONG and then punished a pisson for it.

Hell, our manager is such a chode, he was attempting to refuse to let our former shift lead turn in her two week notice to HR. He knew DAMN WELL if she didn't get it in by later morning, HR would be gone the rest of the day for lunch and meetings, therefore, she wouldn't get to have her last day be the day she needed, despite the fact she had moved a state away and was getting really tired of finishing up work in another state.

He was refusing to let her go to HR office and turn in her paperwork, screaming that we had shipments that needed to get out the door, there was no time for her to just leave the room. To turn in her notice.

I can't believe all she did was argue with him until he bellowed loud enough to scare her quiet. I would have told him "Ok, know what? Forget two weeks, you can do these shipments yourself!"
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've never just walked off a job.

I have, however, quit over scheduling issues. When the manager asked me why, I made it real clear: I won't work someplace where I am treated unfairly.

I'm lucky enough to be in a profession where I can get away with that (thank god).

Ralerin, best wishes, hope the other job gives you full time. Odds are, this will be a breath of fresh air for you.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'm a bit late to the party here. I wish you all the best in your new job and endeavors , Ralerin!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                    Lest you think this is a stupid reason, it's been a very long time coming. "Studmuffin Is A Horny Creep" thread in CoC describes the sexual harasment that SM still hasn't done anything about
                    Ummm, I hate to say it, but management HAS done something about it. They've shoved you into a corner and created an environment that will result in your quitting.
                    It neatly solves THEIR problem, because they don't have to deal with Studmuffin, and if you quit they don't have to deal with unemployment. Sorry to say, this is how many companies deal with problems now.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                      Ummm, I hate to say it, but management HAS done something about it. They've shoved you into a corner and created an environment that will result in your quitting.
                      It already has resulted in her quitting.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        It already has resulted in her quitting.
                        Yeah, I just realized that. I really need to start going through ALL the posts before hitting 'reply'.

Comment

Working...
                        X