This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully not a premature happy dance

I interviewed yesterday with a company that owns several area hospitals. I had a good vibe about the job, but that got even better when their HR department called and left me a message that they want to make me an offer!!!

I called back, but got the HR rep's voicemail. She'd said she'd be out of the office for a couple of hours today, so I left her a message and asked her to return my call.

NOTHING would give me more satisfaction than to tender my resignation and two-week notice today.
    He loves the world...except for all the people.
    --Men at Work

Aaaaaaaand, I got a call from Allstate offering just a hair under what I had listed as my salary requirements, not really thinking I'd get that amount. Got an interview with them on Thursday!!
    --Men at Work

Comment

w00t! good luck!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I GOT IT!!!

I finally got a call back from the place that made me the offer. They're offering what I'm making now, BUT:
        • The opportunities to advance are supposed to be excellent. I told the lady that's what MY company claims, and then she told me a couple of stories, including her own, about people working their way up from entry-level positions. She even had a friend who had a career as a graphic designer accept an entry-level position just to get her foot in the door because she wanted to come work for this company, no matter what. Now she's an X-ray imaging technician and got tuition reimbursement to go back to school to get her degree in same.

The position I'm taking is within a facility that does billing and administration, but because this company owns several hospitals (I think 18 in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, including one about two miles from my house) that also opens up hospital jobs.
        • It's worth it to get out of here.
        • It's actually a few miles closer to home.
        • There's nothing actually keeping me from still applying and interviewing at Allstate.

She said the job offer is conditional on me passing a drug screening and a background check, but I'm not really worried about either. I told a couple of close friends I trust here, I've already written my resignation letter, and I shall spend the rest of the day doing the happy bum-wiggle footy dance at my desk.
        Last edited by Noelegy; 06-19-2007, 03:11 PM.
        --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
        X