This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiro Hero

I'm a bit tired so I'll keep the angry ranting for another thread, but I'm just too proud about this.

I managed to prevent brain splatter this past week.

We have to pass behind the registers to punch in and out of work. Well, this mother had her toddler kid in her basket (totally not in the designated kid seating area, of couuuuuuuurse) standing up.

The mother was patiently coaxing her kid into sitting down but no way in hell would the daughter sit down oh no, this was much more fun standing up.

Then it happened.

The mom saw me coming behind her and simply very slowly moved her basket away from my way, but her daugther didn't follow.

SHE FRIGGING TOPPLED OVER AND WAS HEADED HEAD FIRST ONTO THE CEMENT-MADE FLOOR!

I pretty much LUNGED towards her thinking "headheadheadheadheadheadhead!!!!!!" And grabbed her head like a football, then grabbing more of her so only her feet hit the ground.

She looked shocked as I stood her up and asked her if she was okay. She then started sobbing and her mother picked her up saying "See? That's what happened when you don't sit down."

Then her mom turned towards me and Thanked me.

I still feel pretty good about it.

Video Games DO enhance reflexes!
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Go Shiro, Go shiro, it's you're birthday, it's your birthday!
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Seriously, you are awesome. I mean, shit, I feel proud if I catch the washcloth when it falls down in the shower and I see it out of the corner of my eye...and that's not a kid. Wow. Way to go.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Wow! Nice catch!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have to admit this thread caught my eye because I have a ferret named Shiro, but go you! You're made of awesome!
          He loves the world...except for all the people.
          --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
          X