This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Worth bottling"

I got a message to call my employment consultant the other day. It was a basic follow-up phone call making sure everything's OK about work etc.

the reason I'm posting in here is that at the end of the call, my consultant said "Your boss absolutely loves you, he thinks you're worth bottling and wants us to send him more like you."

(Now if only that would translate into a pay rise... oh well, can't complain too much, I already get free food and gifts from vendors)

Wow! Congrats Perhaps you could start an edible_hat bottling plant?

But free food and gifts from vendors - isn't that normally frowned upon?

Comment

Quoth matty View Post
      But free food and gifts from vendors - isn't that normally frowned upon?
      Nope, not at all. It's, at least in America, generally considered to be part of the normal business relationship, either in "courting" new clients (aka, buying them lunch and offering "sample product" while trying to negotiate deals) or as "thank you gifts" for loyal, long term customers.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
        Nope, not at all. It's, at least in America, generally considered to be part of the normal business relationship, either in "courting" new clients (aka, buying them lunch and offering "sample product" while trying to negotiate deals) or as "thank you gifts" for loyal, long term customers.
        At most stores the managers take all the freebies for themselves, my boss shares them with us workers. One store I used to work at, the policy was to send all freebies to head office and they ended up being prizes at the christmas party (which was combined with other stores in the same chain. they did a random prize draw every hour. I scored a beach towel from a milk company and a 3-foot long inflatable chuppa chup.)

Comment

Working...
        X