This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutoring Pays Off

I tutor some chem classes at my college. Mainly the lower-level stuff. I do it as part of the chem club, since we offer it for free and we can be pretty loose with our hours. My school's email program just came back up so I checked my email and I had a couple emails from teachers. They were all about this. Names are taken out of course.

Dr. (one of my teachers):
    I am writing this E-Mail to let you know what a great job your alchemist club tutors are doing. I was a failing Chem I student who came to tutoring several times a week throughout the semester. I mostly worked with S1, S2, and Greenday but was also helped by others. These students always went out of their way to help me with any questions I had, no matter how stupid they were! They were always patient with me and did great jobs of explaining the material so I could understand. Their tutoring is the reason I am passing Chemistry and I would like to recognize what a wonderful job they are doing.

Sincerely,
    Kick ass girl that comes in for tutoring

Reading that is one of the most rewarding things I've ever had in my life, to know that I've made that big a difference.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

awesome

I don't how well you know her but you should track her down and kiss for feet for that awesome thank you. And if your feeling lucky ask her out

Comment

Lol. She's pretty cool, but I don't know. Doesn't help that she's a few years older than I am.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
        Lol. She's pretty cool, but I don't know. Doesn't help that she's a few years older than I am.
        Older women are worth it. Trust me on this.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Older women are worth it. Trust me on this.
          They are worth it
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            They are worth it
            Speaking as the older woman (TTO is younger than me) yes, we're worth it

Plus, well done on the awesome letter! The fact that she took the time to write it is a very good indication of the impression you made on her.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
            X