This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn I'm good!

So here I am, fourth shift at the new job (which, for those of you who didn't read my thread in General Work Chat, is at Second Cup, which is a Canadian coffee shop in the same vain as Starbucks) and my manager has left me to run the cafe alone again.
    She's been doing this to force me to learn on my own, which has been going really well.

So a man walks in an orders a cappucino, which is the one drink I am so far afraid to make, because I know they're a touch more specific than, say, a hot chocolate.
    I get the cookie he also ordered, apologized that I would be just one moment, and run to the back to get my manager.

I tell her of my cappucino woes and she tells me to try my hand at it anyway, that she knows I can do it.

I make the cappucino, trying to do everything exactly as she did when I watched her do it earlier today, then hand it off to the customer.
    Moments later my manager comes out and starts talking to the customer.

I learn who he is.

HE'S FROM CORPORATE!

Then he asks me how many cappucinos I've made. I tell him his was my very first. He ten says, "REALLY!? Because it's PERFECT!"

He did note that I didn't try to upsell any food items (which I'm supposed to do but am still just now getting comfortable with) but he went on for a bit about how well I made his drink.

What an awesome compliment for my first week on the job.

*pats self on back*

Congratulations on mastering the single hardest drink in Barista-ing. Once you can froth a tiny bit of milk into a huge pile of foam, the rest is a cake-walk.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
    X