This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kick ass job search

Okay, I need to let this exuberance out, and I don't really want to be going about bragging, so I'll do it here - not a lot of action, it seems, so it suits my purposes.
    My wife and I decided to try to return to Texas after a long absence. I am a trainer by profession, and managed to get an interview at a state agency where an old high school friend of mine worked (he was not instrumental in my being selected for the interview).
    I drove the 1900 miles for the interview (still cheaper than flying!). It was pleasant, and I seemed to impress. As I was driving back the next day, they called my wife to tell her they wanted to offer the position to me. When I got home a couple of days later, I called them and was offered the job, plus 7% above the salary they had discussed with me. We were very excited and accepted.
    The brag part came later; my friend found out from the department that hired me that there had been well over 200 applicants, and that not only was I the best, but that I was heads and shoulders above every other applicant! Not bad in an economy such as this one. I am very proud; now, however, I have very high expectations to live up to.
    We now return you to your regularly humble Seigus...
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Congrats! Remember the "little people' when you're up there on the Executive Floor with the Gold key to the crapper...LOL!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Congrats! Remember the "little people' when you're up there on the Executive Floor with the Gold key to the crapper...LOL!
      LOL indeed... I remain one of the "little people". Still, it's good to feel wanted!
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Working...
      X