This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is Good!

Some of you might remember my story about working in the doc's office, being accused of giving a patient the wrong sample meds and just generally not being well received in that office. January of 2010, I saw an ad in the local paper for an different type office position, one in an entirely different field. I jumped on it! Sent my resume and waited. It turned out that a friend held that current job and was moving out of state leaving that position open. I was first round pick of all the applicants and got the job! Not only did I leave the medical office where the bitch of an office manager hated me, but I got a raise from what I was making, I got family medical insurance within 30 days for just a few dollars more than what I was paying for just myself, 9 days vacation to be used as soon as immediately after starting work (17 days after the first of the year!) wonderful people to work with, a great boss, AND my own designated parking spot with a sign and all right by the front door! That was a year ago.

Wednesday, I had my annual evaluation. Needless to say, out of a possible "4" on all aspects of the eval, I received a "4-". Hey, there's always room to improve! I was tickled to death. I also got not only a merit raise, but also a promotion & another raise for the promotion! OMG! The girl who left had been there 5 years and still had the same title! I sooooooooo love my work. I don't wake up hating the thought that I have to go to work. I thrive on what I'm doing. I think I've finally found my career, not just a job. They had told me when I interviewed that they had plans for me if I was hired. Now I believe it. I have only 2 tasks that are required to be learned this next year. I say, "bring it on! Teach me all you can!"

Wonderful!
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X