This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm graduating from the front line

For the past 5-6 months, I've been seeking other positions within my company. I got very close to succeeding once, but so far the attempts to escape my current position have been unsuccessful.

So I apply for a position involving the coordination of letters we send out to our clients, and the next plot to escape the call centre unfolds. As I'm often commended about my excellent written skills, I thought this job was right up my alley.

I do the usual application and then the interview. Yesterday I get the call with the good news, I've been successful in obtaining the role. My reaction, well lets just say half the building probably heard my celebrating - I was literally buzzing for hours!

So after many years in call centres, I finally graduate from the frontline of customer service. I'll still have some customer contact in my other job, but the days of dealing with (and hearing about) customers day in and day out are numbered.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Yay! Maybe the stupidity will be lessened with having to only deal with co-irkers.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
    X