This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free at last/More contract jobs

I just attended my last shift as a min wage cashier, actually it was nice, they bought me a cake. Now I am free FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 2 years of working in a C-store I never really want to do it again.

The sweet part is I was able to pick up a contract job Sunday since now I don't work weekends anymore and now that I am free the staffing agency I'm using for these jobs will be calling me more since if they don't already have me on a project they know I'm pretty much gonna be free and from talking to my friend they like having people who when they call normally say yes and follow through with the project. Because I have actually had to turn down a fair number in the month I been doing them because of the c-store and I really would rather have been making double to do less and enjoy it
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Congratulations.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I did contract work when I was younger and loved it. I often had a part-time job on top of it.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yay!
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Thanks all.

And yeah, I thought about doing both part-time and contract but considering I haven't had a vacation in 2 years and because I'm part time they really didn't even want me to take 2 weeks unpaid it was easier to leave, espeically with in a few short months leaving for military training. It was nice to have a weekend to do NOTHING and enjoy it. well I worked late sun night but having a friday and sat was relaxing
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

... how were you part-time and yet never had a day off? Talk about poor scheduling...
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
            X