This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collective IQ Takes Another Dive

I'm passing along this story from one of my co-workers, who was considering having knee surgery.

She attended what was supposed to be a sort of pre-surgery info session to let the knee surgery patients know what to expect.

She told me the session ran off the rails almost immediately, and devolved into obsessing over trivial things. Some examples:

"How am I going to wash my hair that day?"
    "If I pay for the TV for three days and only stay for one day, can I get a refund?"
    "If I don't like what they bring me for dinner, will they cook something else for me?"
    "I'm not going to rehab, I'm going home after! My wife will take care of me, that's what she's there for!"

Basically the group acted like they were going to be in a luxury hotel, with all amenities. They never got to the facts such as what to expect from knee surgery, rehab, long term prognosis, etc.

But the best one was the woman who looked at the rehab info brochure, and said this: "This picture has the brace on the left knee, but my surgery is on my right knee. Does this mean they're going to put the brace on the left knee, or on both of them?"
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Stupidity knows no boundaries. And neither does narcissism by the sounds of it.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I can only hope and pray they choose not to have surgery.

I would hate to be the nurse stuck caring for these dipwads.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Phone Jockey's people got loose again!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          Phone Jockey's people got loose again!!
          No, Gravekeeper's and Phone Jockey's customers have morphed into one terrifying being, known as Grave Jockey.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X