This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That can't be good

I made a doctor's appointment for early tomorrow morning with a doctor not my own, but working in the same clinic because my doctor was booked into next week. Why do I want to see a doc ASAP?
    I woke up with minimal hearing this morning. Its like I put my fingers in my ears and everything is muffled, except my own voice. I tried cleaning out my ears of wax, but still almost no volume. When I txt'd my bf about it he was so freaked his manager sent him home. So fist thing in the morning we go to doctor and hope for an explanation.

Hope everything ends up being ok
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Good luck. Be sure they look with the scope into your ears. It can still be wax build up. It may have just shifted from one place to another.

Comment

Might be an ear infection - definitely have them look and clean out your ears. If the flesh is red and inflamed, you'll have to get some medicated eardrops to stick in. I had this in one of my ears about a month and a half ago, and it was seriously from one minute to the next, my hearing went from normal to extremely muffled in one ear.

Comment

I had this about four times throughout university. I got my ears syringed a couple of times. I know it hurts some people due to the length of their canals, but I found it quite soothing - nice warm water clearing out my ears. ^^
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

One of my co-worker's thought her phone was bad because she couldn't hear it. Another co-worker checked it and said it sounded fine and suggested the first one switch sides. Other co-worker said that when she glanced at first co-worker's ear after determining it was her that was the problem, there was so much wax you could see it without a scope.

Other co-worker ended up with a problem being unable to hear in one ear and ignored it for about a week. She finally went into the doctor because she was having balance issues. Turns out that she couldn't balance because her eardrum had ruptured. She had no idea.

I recently had an issue where everything I could hear seemed muffled for most of a day. It was fine by the next morning, however. *shrug*

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My ENT used to use a mini vacuum on my ears. It was the niftiest thing ever. I loved it.

Comment

It was wax build up. They took a spray pump with peroxide and warm water to my ears and cleaned them both out.(Since my hearing with the other ear was bad too.) I was dizzy after they finished, but I can hear again. So yay nothing major!

Comment

This happens to me gradually. My ears produce so much wax that my mom actually had to learn how to clean my ears out with peroxide and water. I love the peroxide part though, so tingly!

I can hear so well after she's done that I end up paranoid about every little squeak in my house!

Comment

I'm deaf and have worn a pair of hearing aids since I was about six months old. As I was growing up, I kept getting ear infections from bacteria trapped in/behind wax buildups, partially because of the earpieces of the hearing aids. After I think the third time I had to go to the doctor and get the cleaning + medicated drops and all, my mother exclaimed to me, "Why don't you tell me when this happens!" I kind of looked at her and said "And say what? 'Hey Mom, I can't hear even MORE than usual!"

After I hit puberty I had one last ear infection, and then things stabilized. It helps that once I was out of there I promptly purchased the accoutrements for ear cleaning (the little kidney shaped pan, blue plastic bulb, peroxide, etc) and would periodically clean out my ears even if they didn't need it.

Comment

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
                      After I hit puberty I had one last ear infection, and then things stabilized.
                      Until I hit puberty, I had to have my ears irrigated regularly. I actually almost never was able to breathe through my nose at all, either, until then. I became quite adept at mouth-breathing.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X