X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite Xmas Story. Warning: Icky-poo

As related to my by my nurse father many years ago:

The hospital where he worked, in addition to all of the day to day activities of a normal hospital, took in patients who sometimes needed no more than a good de-lousing and 3-hots-and-a-cot. One fine gentleman that found himself slipped between the crisp linens of this establishment on a cold winter's night had a.....retention problem.

He was an alcoholic. So far into it that he was medicated with beer just to keep the DT's at bay. And he can't hold his bowels.

Mr. Angel (as he will now be known) could not stand up without messing himself, and could not take a step without falling. He was under strict orders from the nurses to call for assistance should he feel the urge to vacate....anything.

Well, Mr. Angel don't need no dang new-fangled nurses to limp his leaky butt to the bathroom, no sirree! And so he goes, off the bed, out falls the shit, there goes his foot into said shit, and Mr. Angel finds himself spread-eagle on the floor, flailing in a pool of his own mess and yelling at the top of his lungs.

There's poo on the window, there's poo on the tables, there's poo on the TV, there's poo on his roommates, the bedding, the privacy curtains, the door, the floor, and the leftovers of his dinner.

In marches my father with some CNA's in tow and up comes Mr. Angel from his mess on the floor, to be wrested into the bathroom and hosed off.

And my dad swears to this day that when he looked on the floor there was a perfect shit angel there looking back up at him.
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
    And my dad swears to this day that when he looked on the floor there was a perfect shit angel there looking back up at him.
    This might be the wrong response, but....
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That's an image I did not need. Icky.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Thanks, just sprayed my dinner all over my laptop.

Thank F... it was only pasta and chicken.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

How people do that kind of job without throwing up all over the place from the smell amazes me.

Comment

My dad says that he got used to all of the smelly liquids that came out of us kids.
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
              My dad says that he got used to all of the smelly liquids that came out of us kids.
              Having kids has definitely increased my ability to deal with bodily effluvia, but I still wouldn't want to deal with it on a daily basis.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                Having kids has definitely increased my ability to deal with bodily effluvia, but I still wouldn't want to deal with it on a daily basis.
                I've been a nurse for 26 years.

I can deal with blood, sweat, vomit, brains, spit, pee, and just about any other kind of body fluid imaginable, but the one odor I still can't cope with after all my time in this profession is the odor of poo.

Makes me wanna every time
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

Makes me wanna every time
                  Try dealing with slimy cat poo. Every time I have to pick it up, I end up gagging and almost spewing from the smell alone. (I'm not referring to the litter box, I'm referring to the boycat who tends to poo around the house -.-)
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                  X