This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
    The skin isn't broken and the main issue is to keep my foot from shifting it's position so it doesn't shift around inside....

I guess my main question at this point is do these things ever go away? or am I wearing an ace bandage till the end of time?
    Sometimes they go away on their own. Sometimes they don't. I had one on the palm of my hand for years, but it hardly bothered me so I just ignored it. There's still a tiny spot there if I press deep, but most of it has gone away.

Yours is impacting your quality of life. If it doesn't improve, you need to follow up with your doc and explore getting it drained or otherwise removed. It may be a simple office procedure, very likely it is. But it's usually best to give these things time to go away on their own, which is why your doc didn't rush to drain it right away.

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
    oh Yeah? where would I find such a thing?
    A medical supply store would likely have them. You might need a prescription though, if you're paying with insurance.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Got mine at a local medical supply store for less than $20 - can't say if they've gone up since.

Comment

Thanks for all your input
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Lyse View Post
          I haven't had one in several years now, so there's that. . The brace I was referring to is one specifically for sleeping, it has straps that attach to keep your foot in a particular position while sleeping.
          I just wanted to say I managed to find said brace at walgreens. Used it last night and had a pain free night for the first time in months!!

THANK YOU!

Between the ace bandage during the day and that brace at night I can finally go 24 hours without pain. This feels so good. And I will wait this out for a bit to see if it does get better and if it doesn't go back to dr for a more permanent solution.

Thanks all for your input

Comment

So glad to hear that the brace helped!

Comment

Me, too! Outstanding So glad you found a solution that works
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                Me, too! Outstanding So glad you found a solution that works
                Me too...thanks again guys its such a relief.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                  Oldest Daughter's Doctor told her they are also called Bible Thumper Cysts. In the old days, they would literally take a Bible and hit the cyst with it to rupture the cyst to make it go away. He brought in a needle to drain it, but her's was a solid mass, thus the surgery to remove it.

I had one on my hand and this is EXACTLY the method the doc used to get rid of it. Of course, he didn't TELL me he was going to do it. Put my hand flat on a counter, walked behind me and grabbed the book then WHAM! smacked it from behind. The pain was intense, for about 10 seconds then all was right in the world again.
                  If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
                  --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post
                    I had one on my hand and this is EXACTLY the method the doc used to get rid of it. Of course, he didn't TELL me he was going to do it. Put my hand flat on a counter, walked behind me and grabbed the book then WHAM! smacked it from behind. The pain was intense, for about 10 seconds then all was right in the world again.

That's not cool. And I'm not trying that thanks I don't want to deal with that kind of pain.

so might as well update...I'm still managing to be pain free for the most part all day and night...unless I screw up and move my foot the wrong way. But now when I do get it out of whack it hurts more than it did before. I don't think the ace bandage is going to work....but I'm going to follow her directions and PROVE it's not working before I go back there and say "now what?"

And no I'm not letting her hit me with a book

Comment

Working...
                    X