Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always take cuddly toys in now. The first time, my dentist was amused, and trying to humour me...I had a Gir plushie and he said..."Oh...so whats his name?" "Gir". "Oh...green Gir eh?" It was awkward in that way thats actually rather charming XD Nowadays I come in clutching Gir and a big bunny saying "Please don't laugh, I've bought a couple of friends" and they just smile and say "No problem, whatever helps!"

I would take my favourite teddy but I like to rub his paw over my nose and mouth and I think he would just get in the way XD it feels soft and it soothes me

Comment

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit
      I would take my favourite teddy but I like to rub his paw over my nose and mouth and I think he would just get in the way XD it feels soft and it soothes me
      I do this with my bunneh. The bunneh that's almost as old as me (I'll 25 in April). Except with her I rub my face along her flanks (in one particular direct for each side).

Pic of Bunneh included. She's a gimp like I'm getting to be.
      Attached Files
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I do not like the dentist in general....just the idea of things poking around in my mouth a) bores me and b) sends me on edge just a bit. Whenever I have a dentist appointment, I take in my iPod and crank it up. Usually keeps me going, I just have to be careful not to sing along!

(and for the record, they are generally fine with that since it doesn't interfere with their instruments, they tap me if they need to talk to me)
        Last edited by fireheart; 01-08-2012, 05:01 AM.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Dragon wings, your Bunneh looks lovely My Tommy is getting a bit shabby but I love him so much!

Well...today was the day O.O I was very nervous in the waiting room, but I didn't have a panic attack and I only used my Rescue Remedy once in the waiting room and once in the...dentisty...room...and I hugged my evil bunny and Gir. No one said anything, everyone was very understanding. My dentist let me ramble off about what good things I have been doing to look after my teeth and he was super encouraging. The best thing was when he said they all look fine! Healthy gums, my dodgy wisdom tooth is looking "good"...a teeny bit of plaque at the back, so he suggested a smaller tooth-brush head, and a teensy bit of scale on my lower front teeth as they are rotated but he said if I go up-and-down in those places instead of side-to-side it should be easier. He was pleased to hear I floss daily, and said that my other dodgy tooth looked good too, in fact he was happy to put off the x-ray for another 6 months (it may need further work, but everything seems good). I had a clean-up too. I felt so relieved to hear everything is good, but also so pleased with myself that I didn't panic. I definately felt a bit panicky but I paid a lot of attention to the Scottish-indepence debate on the radio, rubbed my bunny's ear on my cheek while I lounged in the chair (I almost looked like I was slipping out), and only had to take the odd deep breath.

I was so pleased with myself, that I went straight to the nearby tattoo parlour to discuss whereabouts to get my long-coveted Rabbit tattoo, as I want to get it while its still Year of the Rabbit (I have 2 weeks left XD) as a sort of symbol that I have learned to live and cope with my anxiety and depression

I'm actually nervous about that now, but part of me feels that if I do it, that will be proof that I can do anything

*shares cake with everyone*

Comment

I just have to say: year of the rabbit for the win. (yeah, I was born in a year of the rabbit.) *goes back into hiding* :P

Comment

Same here, and I also have a lot of rabbity connections in my life (as you maybe able to tell from my username XD). My nickname is Bunny in real life (not everyone calls me that, but a lot of people do, and others do things like draw rabbits in my birthday/christmas cards etc) and I've always loved Watership Down (the tattoo I want is the Black Rabbit of Inle/Death). Most of my online names have been derived from rabbit-themes, and my writer's name is derived from a character in Watership Down too.

Last february we celebrated Year of the Rabbit and I had high hopes, was totally convinced it would be a great year, but in honesty, while there was some highlights, it was a crap year. However, as the pagan new year came upon us (thats Halloween...year basically I celebrate 3 new years :P I have a tendency to celebrate Japanese/Chinese and Pagan festivals as well as western holidays) it occurred to me that as crap and difficult as it was, it was also an important year, especially in coming to terms with this anxiety disorder and depression. I feel better than I did this time last year. All throughout the year as well, I had weird little signs...I saw a wild black rabbit while on a train journey and I've been dreaming of black rabbits as well. I kind of want the tattoo to be a symbol of having overcome those difficulties and learned to cope.

Comment

Good reason, in my opinion, to get a tattoo. Good luck and I want piccies.

Comment

Working...
                X