This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun start to 2012

I start 2012 with my first EKG, chest X-ray, and inhaler!

Last Wed I was on the treadmill, when I got off I had slight tingling in my left arm, and short breath. Ignored it (stupid, yes) and got on with my life.

Today, I had short breath again and slight chest pain. Went to the Minute Clinic, perfect blood oxygen, blood pressure great, heart great, lungs great. This scares the nurse, and she sends me to the Urgent Care. (since she couldn't find anything wrong)

Urgent care does my EKG and Xray...yet again, nothing wrong. But I walk out with a script for an inhaler and the recommendation I should see a cardiologist. Working from home tomorrow to search for one.

Still feel short of breath, but that's it. My boss had bronchitis, my co-worker was sick, and my little cousin was sick as well...so I probably caught something from them.

Fun!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I've had the same symptoms with nothing wrong...turned out to be acid reflux.

Although if it was that, you probably would have noticed these symptoms before.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Do you have allergies? Reason i ask is I've had them for 20+ years, since college, and was diagnosed this summer with asthma - allergy induced. I also had some slight pressure/pain in my chest and after going to my dr. he sent me to the urgent care for tests to rule out all kind of stuff. Dr. there said, hmmm...let's do a breathing treatment and it worked. I'd still check it out with a cardiologist, but it may or may not be that.

Comment

Always best to get these things checked out. Hope everything turns out OK.

The problem with diagnosing chest pain is that there are so many body systems in the chest!

Cardiac
        Respiratory
        Upper GI
        Musculoskeletal

It can take a while to figure out what the problem is sometimes.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Here is the saga:

My doc says: no idea, get CAT scan done to rule out blood clot, go to town ER. Town ER says, "That is silly, have an EKG. OH, its showing nothing, hit up Chest Pain Center at Yale."

Ride in ambulance to Yale, stay over night. Morning stress test (this was actually fun), more EKGS, more blood work, and a CT scan (an interesting experience, I hope you all avoid.

Diagnoses: we have no idea, you're the healthiest person here and all your tests came back awesome. But be worried and do a follow up. Because it's your chest, so it has to be bad. (Ok, that was one doctor. The other said it's probably just an odd fluke but be smart and wary)

My theory? The treadmill I overdid it. Monday I had a panic attack from the mall crowds. And yes, I think its acid reflux.

Best I got it check out? Probably. But I am not looking forward to the bills.

I do have allergies, but even after the stress test my blood oxygen was perfect. They ruled out asthma. (And I'll admit, I was flattered by all the "Wow, you're really healthy" comments)
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Have you been coughing a lot recently? That can stress stuff in the chest and cause costochondritis. I've had it twice. It's painful, makes you feel like you're short of breath, even though your O2 levels are fine. A round of steroids help the inflammation heal up faster than NSAIDS.
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Costocondritis is certainly a plausible cause. It heals on its own.

Still, I think Cat did the right thing in following up. Now she knows.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Very little coughing, only some Monday night. No cold symptoms. Tis odd.

Contrary to my FB post, I am happy I followed up, now I know.

Comment

I have been diagnosed: muscle strain. And it'll come and go...according to my doctor.

Glad to know I need to celebrate.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                    I have been diagnosed: muscle strain. And it'll come and go...according to my doctor.

Glad to know I need to celebrate.
                    I've had that before. It was terrible, but, thankfully, not serious.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                    X