This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that explains that (TMI)

**Warning** Gonna be talking about lady parts.

Seriously.. Turn back now..

Ok, so over the past 10 or more years I've had chronic vaginitis, I'd get all red, itchy and stuff.. Back when this first started happening, I was old I had a Ph problem that caused it. Over the past 5 or so years it had been happening like clockwork 2 times a month, once during my period (or when I should be getting my period) and once during ovulation. It would range in severity, I'd call my GYN up when it was severe and would wither go in for a visit or they would just call in a yeast infection pill, I had a chronic MRSA infection and was one antibiotics alot, so I figured it was a yeast infection.

I went in for my 36 week appointment, Dr did a pelvic and said I had some discharge she wanted to look at under a microscope.. Turns out I've had trichomoniasis for several years (trichomoniasis is a vaginal parasite transmitted sexually) condoms arent always effective with any STI and I'm told it's even less with this. So that explains the lady part problem I've been batteling and the whole ex boyfriends saying I gave them something because it would burn when they peed.. I went and got checked out for STD's several times, doctors just told me I had a UTI or Yeast infection that might've spread to them.. I haven't had the same GYN for too long in a row because of moving and insurance. They put me a Flagyl (sp?) to get rid of it.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Guess it goes without saying that your partner should get the same meds or you just end up giving it back and forth to each other. I had that once. Got it from a girlfriend several years back. Drives you bonkers. Get better! Hang in there.

Comment

Yeah, I told him.. He's going Tuesday to get checked out.

Comment

Well I feel silly. When I got done reading, my first thought was, "Wait, I thought trich was caused by undercooked pork. Maybe she has a raw meat fetish?" Seems trichonosis and trichomoniasis affect different areas. Whoops.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
          ..."Wait, I thought trich was caused by undercooked pork."
          Undercooked porking?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Undercooked porking?
            That was bad, even for you.

HappyFunBall, make sure you finish your antibiotics. The Flagyl should kill it dead.

As a side note, trich thrives in alkaline environments like chlorinated pools. If your body pH tends to be on the high side, that explains part of the problem.

Sorry to hear about the problem, but at least you've got one of the STDs that is fairly easy to treat.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              That was bad, even for you.
              I can do worse...

I'm the smart one of the Pea Little Thrigs... Now I can build my brick house.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Un(der) cooked pork= Trichonosis

Uncovered porkings= Trichomonasis

Comment

Working...
                X