Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This angers me to no end. Definitely report him.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

This is why I will only have my blood tests done when one particular nurse is on duty at my docs.

I am terrified of needles. I don't pass out though, I just freak out and either burst into tears or run screaming from anyone holding a needle near me.

Fantastic Nurse stands between me and my arm and keeps the needle out of sight. Half the time I don't even know she is done until she tells me. The whole time she is drawing blood, we will be talking about anything and everything.

People like the one you had to deal with should not be near patients until the have had some serious re-training and maybe been whacked with a clue, repeatedly.

How would he like his biggest fear to be shoved in his face and be told to get over it. Stupid numpty.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Every time I either a) go to the dentist, b) have blood drawn or c) have some other thing that involves needles, I tend to take along my iPod.

They've usually been very good with me having my ipod going while I'm in the chair for whatever reason. I'll wince when the needle is inserted, but that's about it. I just have to make sure I don't sing along or move around
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have almost the opposite problem. I don't have any anxiety over needles, but I can't get some techs to listen to me when I say, "I don't have good veins in my elbows - just take stick it in the back of my hand." Many techs will say, "let's just try your arm first." And they rarely get a vein there, so they have to poke the back of my hand anyway. They say it hurts more, but it's still better than having them dig around in my arm trying to get a vein.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
          X