This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nickel and Diming and B2M filter failures

I went to the local big annual rock & gem show today and long story short I spent way too much money.

Anyways, while I was waiting for one of the vendors to check me out, a woman came up wanting to know if she could haggle on a $13 item.

Guy: "Yeah, can't do that. If it was a few hundred maybe, but not that low."

After she left, he told me how at another show last year, a guy was pushing for a discount on a $2 item. When told no, the SC said "I thought you offered discounts to club members."

The vendor replied "For a $2 item? You're got to be kidding me!"

The SC apparently left in a huff, and the vendor said he felt a bit bad at letting his brain-to-mouth filter slip, just in case the SC was an influential member, since this show was apparently the biggest and best show in the region.

They were invited back down to that particular show this year, so the club member either wasn't that influential or wasn't that sore about it.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

although even if they were influential, if people found out the issue was over not getting a discount on a $2 item... they might not care what that person says.

Comment

Working...
    X