This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helped out with a possible sighting

I was getting my hair trimmed last week when another woman came in seeking help. She needed change for $100 and it was between 4 & 5 so most of the regular banks here were already closed.

The stylist looked through the register but didn't have enough to cover it. I also suspected she didn't want to either cos, that would leave her in the lurch if she needed change later on. And hey, it's a salon not a bank anyway.

I also momentarily wondered "what if it's a fake?" but I honestly think the woman just needed to break the $100.

So I piped up and mentioned that the "Mega-Mart" down the road has a bank inside that had longer hours. (at least I thought they did). The woman looked happy and left, and the stylist also look relieved that she didn't have to deal with it.

I looked up the hours just now to make sure I didn't screw the woman over... and yep. The mini-branch didn't close until 7pm.

Considering how it ended it appeared to be a legitimate request, but it's also easy to see why the stylist didn't want to have to deal with it. Good on you for speaking up!

Comment

not to mention the stylist didn't know at that point that i wasn't going to ask for change. actually i didn't know either cos i wasn't sure what my cut would come out as (trim, cut, more? taxes) so...she could have been in quite a bind if she only had one bill left in the till.

(so she also ended up happy twice really - didn't have to empty the till out, and got a nice tip too)

Comment

Working...
      X