Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why in the world would you want to buy our products?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe our gaffer tape is also rubbish. I was watching the Mythbusters duct tape survival episode and there's no way our gaffer tape would be any use in the situations they had it in. Get it wet or hot (oi, minds out of the gutter, thank you!) and the adhesive immediately begins to lose its strength. I tried to use it on my steering wheel cover in summer and it lasted a day before it began to slide around and come off, leaving my fingers horribly sticky.

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
    WD40 and Duct Tape. For things that don't move that should, and for things that move that shouldn't.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

You can buy all kinds of colors and prints and stripes and patterns of duct tape including Hello Kitty.

I used to live right near the Duck Tape brand factory in Cleveland.
      ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
        I believe our gaffer tape is also rubbish. I was watching the Mythbusters duct tape survival episode and there's no way our gaffer tape would be any use in the situations they had it in. Get it wet or hot (oi, minds out of the gutter, thank you!) and the adhesive immediately begins to lose its strength. I tried to use it on my steering wheel cover in summer and it lasted a day before it began to slide around and come off, leaving my fingers horribly sticky.
        Duct tape/electrical tape.

I also believe it depends on the brand. Some tapes are super strong
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Duck tape? Is that what you use to fix a quack in your duck?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Only if it's not to badly quacked. Otherwise you might go quackers trying.
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

You can fix duck tape with Elmer's...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                We have the US version of "duct tape" which is called gaffer tape.

Our duct-tape is a plastic-like tape.
                Duct tape over here is a plastic/rubbery tape backing with some threads embedded in it. In actuality, proper duct tape is metal backed and used for sealing duct work. Gaffers tape over here is a cloth backed tape that is much stronger and the adhesives don't leave the same residue behind and is commonly used in stage and photo studios. it is also four times as expensive as duct tape.

Comment

For the complete story about duck tape read this.

I have several rolls of metallic duck/duct tape I use in addition to the gray tape. I have even used it in model railroad buildings. The sticky side makes for nice reflective windows on model office buildings.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ah, duct tape. I've used it to keep various vehicles running, "temporary" repairs on many items, and...I've heard that it supposedly works great on sealing furnace runs
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                    X