This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen to your cashier!

I was in line at the market behind a young guy buying 8 or 9 loose bottles of imported beer. I didn't see the labels but it could have been Newcastle Brown Ale. The bottles were larger than standard US beer bottles, somewhere between 16 and 20 ounces. The beer alone would weigh at least 10 lbs, not counting the glass bottles.

Cashier asks if he wants double paper bag for his trove of suds. He says "That seems excessive! Single plastic will do fine". She looks dubious and says "Well, how about at least double plastic?" He says "No, one is plenty".

Fortunately for him the bag split as soon as he picked it up, the bottles fell less than an inch onto the loading area and none of them broke. He grudgingly accepted double plastic, slung the bunch over his shoulder and walked off, the the bag bulging alarmingly. I was tempted to follow him to see what happened but I had to pay for my own purchases. "What a moron" I said to the cashier and she laughed.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Heh. XD I remember telling a guy to not put 6 bottles of plonk in a single plastic bag, but to wait for a box. He refused. As he got to the door, there was a satisfying crash of 6 glass bottles hitting the floor at once. I had to really work hard to stop myself yelling, "I TOLD YOU SO!"
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Wow when I worked at Family Dollar everybody always wanted everything double bagged. No wonder we ran out of bags frequently...

Comment

Sounds like people need to get wise and up the ante like IKEA recently did. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5045922.stm
        Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Working...
        X