• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacDonald's Recruitment Ad

Saw this huuuuuge poster on a wall at the MacDonald's near my house:

NOW HIRING

ALL POSITION

Are you a team member. (some more words that I don't remember)

Come in for an interview Start immediately

I looked at the poster and I just about fell over. I told hubby about it and at first he didn't understand what my problem was with the sign. Can anyone else see the problem I have with the sign? I had to explain in detail to my hubby (who has an MBA so I know he's edumacated ).

Punctuation can't be beat, stomp your hands and clap your feet.

Amongst other things that I'm sure are quite wrong. Start "immediately"? Like, you walk in, fill out an application, and then they drag you into the back room and throw you on the computer for the stupid training program? Uh, no thanks, I'd like to know you did a background check of that weird looking guy with green hair and a missing ear over there...
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Ugh I hate signs like that. I worked at a very "popular" coffee shop that ALWAYS had a sign up stating they were hiring. This was extremely frustrating when I was trying to get the job b/c they never were actually hiring. They just always had the stupid sign up. Drove me nuts. Anyway, yeah the punctuation and grammer is pretty bad.... what do you expect from McD's? :-P (no offense to those of you working there, just a common perception -maybe misperception - of workers there)

Comment

Never work at a place where they are "always hiring."

Comment

much less work in a place that has 'all position.' hmmm...
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
            Punctuation can't be beat, stomp your hands and clap your feet.
            I'll finish it off:

"It's number 1" (hold up two fingers, like a peace sign)
            "Peace man!" (hold up half of the peace sign, you choose which half )
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
              Like, you walk in, fill out an application, and then they drag you into the back room and throw you on the computer for the stupid training program?
              Actually, it's part of their new "aggressive" training program. You don't even have to fill in an application; they will just kidnap random people off the streets.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I haven't looked at anyone else's answers yet, but a) All Positions.
                and b) Are you a team member?... and the disturbing lack of punctuation between the last two sentences.
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

That reminds me of a sign I saw outside one of the bars in the city. It was two lines. The top line said "NO LOITERING". The second sign said "MAY BE PROSECUTED BY LAW".

Simple, right? Except that there was no punctuation, spacing, or anything else separating the two sentences, so it looked like it was saying "No loitering may be prosecuted by law." In other words, you could loiter all you want, and the law couldn't do a thing about it.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

At the gas station my best friend used to work at they had a sign saying "FULL TIME JOB"...just like that. It made us laugh everytime we went by it.

Comment

I saw one recently at a newsagency. "Positions wanted". Uh, sorry? So you want to be able to try to hire new staff, but simply don't have the need or them? Or are you looking or a new job yourself?

Comment

Oh my goodness, I forgot about the BK sign. I once saw a BK sign that said "NOW HIRING LOSERS"...someone had stolen the "C"! That one's probably old, but I really did see it.

Comment

Hempress, you do know that ice tea up the nose hurts? That is too funny!

I saw a sign at the park that said "No Dog's!"
                          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                            much less work in a place that has 'all position.' hmmm...
                            McDonald's is quite willing to have you bend over, and isn't too picky about it being backwards, either.

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                            Actually, it's part of their new "aggressive" training program. You don't even have to fill in an application; they will just kidnap random people off the streets.
                            Damaging their efforts to keep the word "McSlave" out of dictionaries.

Comment

We got robbed at my restaurant a number of years ago, by a crackhead who wrote the hold up note on an application she'd asked for. She turned it in to my friend at the next register (who smartly gave her all of the approx. $250.00 in the drawer) , and after police were called and had caught the woman (who had apparently never heard of a getaway car because she left on foot), and handed our money back, we got to see the note. It read:

Don't scream or I'll will shoot you? Put the money in the bag

If she'd have given it to me I would have corrected it in red before handing over the cash. We still laugh about it to this day.
                              I HATE stupid people!

Comment

Working...
                              X