• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently saw a sign that said: "Now Hirng!"

No I didn't apply there.

Comment

I want Jayel's T shirt.

On another note, when I lived in Colorado Springs, there was a strip mall that had a Chinese Buffet next to (I shit you not) a veterinary clinic.

To this day I wish I had taken a picture and sent it to Leno, but in the spring each storefront had a sign up:

Veterinary Clinic: Taking in all unwanted puppies and kittens.

Chinese Buffet: Sweet and sour pork or chicken, all you can eat!

So so so so so not right.
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
        I want Jayel's T shirt.

Why thank you, Zzapp. I had that t-shirt printed in honor of my 'girls' who are now almost two years old (on June first). The date is printed on the back. The guy who did it thought it was hilarious.

If anybody is interested, it was a great decision with no complications and I'd do it again tomorrow. I had an awesome surgeon. Feel free to PM questions!

Back on topic, this week at work I saw a sign in the window where they issue uniforms reading "Check badges for all company's".

There is also a sign in the bathroom asking people to keep it tidy. In response, someone wrote "Quit waisting time and clean the muther******".

Gotta love it.
        Last edited by jayel; 04-16-2007, 07:49 AM.
        I HATE stupid people!

Comment

Quoth Alfie View Post
          I saw one recently at a newsagency. "Positions wanted".
          I can think of a few.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            I can think of a few.
            I'm thinking of a number between one and 99 . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Last night I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things, and I observed the following sign posted above a small cooler stocked with parmesan cheese:

SUPER BUY!!!!

Don't forget to pick up some

KRAFT PARMESAN CHEESE

to go with the

CREAMETTE PASTA

you just purchased

????

I don't know about you, but I love me an overabundance of punctuation marks. Especially when they're by themselves and improperly used.

BTW, the cooler was pretty full, so I don't think they were selling a lot of parmesan cheese.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Now I know why there seems to be such a high turnover rate at that place! They don't train any of their emplo-ees. You just fill out an apple-cayshun, then after it's all filled out, you're the new fry cook of the place! And for those that stay, these are the people who are pamoted to a higher up posit-ton to make posters like that!

No training required, and no background check done either.
                Last edited by greensinestro; 04-17-2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                  Damaging their efforts to keep the word "McSlave" out of dictionaries.
                  I'm thinking that they just sort of gave up on their image after the word "McJob" entered the lexicon.

Speaking of image, there's a McDonald's in the city here that has a centrally-located fireplace, wood and brick walls, and several flat creen TV's turned onto cable television. The first time I went in there, I had to back out to make sure I walked in the right door.
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                    I'm thinking that they just sort of gave up on their image after the word "McJob" entered the lexicon.
                    Ah, sorry, that's the one they were trying to keep out of the dictionary. Though I think McSlave has a better ring to it, so it's what I'm going to use.

(I was a McSlave many years ago, and it fits.)

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                    Speaking of image, there's a McDonald's in the city here that has a centrally-located fireplace, wood and brick walls, and several flat creen TV's turned onto cable television. The first time I went in there, I had to back out to make sure I walked in the right door.
                    Cable TV is sneaking into a lot of places, even the mid-level ones. Why, I don't know, but then again, I really don't like TV at all. As for the rest, yes, there are some really high-end McJoints. It always seems like a waste to me, considering that they're fast food, but whatever floats their boat. It's not like they lack the money to do it with.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                      As for the rest, yes, there are some really high-end McJoints.
                      You know what would really make them high-end? Using real chicken in the Nuggets, and using real onions in the Big Mac. (Instead of those weird little onion-flavoured pellets that they're currently using.)

/picking on McDonalds. Well, for now, anyways.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

When I was in seventh grade, my English teacher was notorious for correcting spelling and grammar errors, particularly in places of business. She used to frequent Publix and whenever the produce people saw her coming, they would check their signs to make sure they were correct. She saw one that said "Idahoe Potatoe, 29 cents per pound" and actually got on their nearby microphone, and said "Idaho and Potato don't have an 'e' on the end of them!" Later on, she saw a sign that said "Now excepting applications for employement" to which she flagged down the manager, asking him how you "except" an application, let alone she had to point out the misspelling of "employment". She was a riot, and the employees usually all cringed the moment she came into the store.
                        Last edited by greensinestro; 04-18-2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Heh. There's a store near me, that has a big sign next to the register, that says "Be Smart! Ask us about our savings progrom!"

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                            When I was in seventh grade, my English teacher was notorious for correcting spelling and grammar errors, particularly in places of business. She used to frequent Publix and whenever the produce people saw her coming, they would check their signs to make sure they were correct. She saw one that said "Idahoe Potatoe, 29 cents per pound" and actually got on their nearby microphone, and said "Idaho and Potato don't have an 'e' on the end of them!" Later on, she saw a sign that said "Now excepting applications for employement" to which she flagged down the manager, asking him how you "except" an application, let alone she had to point out the misspelling of "employment". She was a riot, and the employees usually all cringed the moment she came into the store.
                            Is she cute and single?

Rapscallion, just asking

Comment

That looks like my homeowner's association board members wrote it.

They can never get their, there, and they're correct.

"All the unit owners need to make sure that they're garbage is out on Thursday nights".
                              Quote Dalesys:
                              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Green, I think I found my newest girl-crush.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X