Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being the SC (this is gonna be long and probably a 2 parter)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say... I don't think you were a SC. You were freaked out about a legitimate concern and people weren't listening to you. If the DM doesn't call you back, call corporate again.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
      Unless it's locked in a safe or office, most payless stores I've been to don't have an employee at the counter for the entirety of open hours, pretty sure all it would take would be someone knowing about the binder, go in with an accomplice to distract the worker, step behind the register, grab and go, with no one the wiser until the next order comes in.
      This binder came out from under the front counter, and unless there's a lock, it was not safely stored.

Aethian, I'm considering that. I would have figured that they'd take this seriously, but I'm beginning to think that either they're hoping that insisting on the gift card will make me go away or they're hoping I won't bother ordering again.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I second (or third) the suggestion that you follow up with corporate, this is a huge legal liability for them. That might get their attention and cause someone to actually listen.

If it doesn't, maybe consider posting the whole thing on places like PFB. I don't frequent that site, but I have seen instances where a letter posted there prompted action by a company.

ETA: Also, you might consider filing a complaint about the whole binder thing with the Better Business Bureau.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

You were NOT, at all, sucky. SC's complain for very little, or often, NO reason. You had a damn good reason.

See if they have a facebook page. Often, complaints entered there will get a very fast response.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            See if they have a facebook page. Often, complaints entered there will get a very fast response.
            You mean here? https://www.facebook.com/payless I was thinking the same thing - so found their FB page and posted this link for you, should you decide to go that route.
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              My driver's license never comes out of my wallet except for government (police, etc.) and medical offices.
              I've never had my identity stolen (at least as far as I know), and I don't own a car, so I took that idea a step further. I don't have a state-issued ID card -- if I need ID, I use my passport.

It works for everything a driver's license does except driving and adds at least one layer of secured government bureaucracy between me and anyone attempting to misuse the information therein.

Comment

I have a non-driver ID, which comes from the same dept. here that issues driver's licenses, and requires the same six "points" (proof of address, etc.). It is accepted as ID exactly the same as a driver's license would be. I'm going to be a little more careful who I show it to after reading this story.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                X