This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
    I'm not sure if I have posted this before but here goes. I was shopping with my mother at our local shopping centre. We parked in the handicapped parking (mum has a lot of problems with her mobility so has a handicapped ticket). Where we parked there is about 6 handicapped parks plus another 5 (I think) senior citizen parking.
    I don't know the laws where you are, but the whole time I'd have been taking pictures of his license plate and calling the police.
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-28-2014, 10:39 PM. Reason: edited excessive quote

Comment

My (ex) friend had his mom's placard and used it for university parking for almost a semester before getting caught. He'd always park in the same spot (or row) and run to class. I guess someone complained or at least a parking monitor noticed because one day as he was getting out of the car a cop pulled behind him and asked to see the placard and 20 questions of whose it was and why he was using it. Cop basically told him that he was now on a list and if he ever parked in a handicap spot again (in the entire town) he'd get ticketed.

I was just annoyed they didn't catch him sooner.
      A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        Neither would I. It really makes you wonder how people like this obtain the placards. Maybe something once happened that warranted them getting one. But, do these ever expire? Or are they good for life?
        "how people like this obtain the placards"

Fraud. Plain and simple.
        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

I remember a long time ago, riding with a friend of a friend who was able bodied. We pulled in at a movie theater, and she parks in a handicapped spot and whips out a placard. Now, my Dad was disabled (MS) so this particularly bothered me. I read the gal the riot act, and she turned full EW on me; neither of us would back down and we almost skipped the movie.

Afterward, we went to a Denny's and she didn't park in a handicap spot, but DID park in the enterance to the service alley where the dumpsters and utilities for the strip mall were; it was within a row of parking spaces but there was a pole at each end and it clearly said NO PARKING. When we went to leave, my friend's bitchy friend looked over her left shoulder and backed out to the right, and totally plowed the lovely red fender of her mom's almost new Chrysler Lebaron Convertible (this was ~1985) into the pole, denting it severely enough that the door wouldn't open!

End result: Many tears shed, no craps given, and my friend stopped hanging around with her soon after.
          Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
            I think Florida does since this may be the state with the most abuse.

Here in Arkansas, I have 2 hangtags.. one in my car, one in girlfriend's car when I ride with her

they have to be renewed every 3 years..the serial numbers are printed on the back of my drivers license

I better be present if car is in handicap spot...

Comment

Quoth bacchinalus View Post
              I never question the people who have canes/wheelchairs and park in the spots. But I always question those with big honking trucks (I have a bias, I admit).
              Before he died, my Grandfather found it much easier to get in/out of a vehicle where he didn't have to go down/up as much as the Motor Neurone Disease made sitting very difficult.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
              X