This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again with the MacDonald's!

The MacDonald's with the wrongly worded/bad grammar hiring ad is sucky again!

Out of the 5 times I've gone to this MacDonald's this month, I've had suckiness from its workers 2 times.

1st time: I ordered 1 grilled snack wrap, 1 large fry, 1 large sweet tea & 3 chocolate chip cookies. The total was like $5.80 or something. I paid and moved up. Then I heard yelling out of the first window (where the money is taken). The woman wanted to know what I ordered. WTF? This was the same woman who took my money! I yelled back at her what I had ordered, she looked blankly at me and said "Oh." Then I went up to the 2nd window to get my food. Got my snack wrap, got my tea, got my cookies. Did. not. get. my. fries. I asked 3 times and almost got into an argument with the window chick about it. (How does $1.29+1.00+1.00+tax=$5.80 without the fries?) Got the fries. Went home and wrote a letter of complaint to MacDonald's.

Then today, I ordered a snack wrap (can't you tell I like those?), 1 large fry & 1 large sweet tea. Different woman at window #1. Same. woman. at Window #2 from the first incident. I had to ask for my Sweet Tea and she looked at me blankly but handed it to me.

Oy vey.

Can I ask a stupid question now? Is "sweet" tea like iced tea? I've never heard it called that before.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Where I live, lots of places have sweetened and un-sweetened tea. They'll give you the unsweetened unless you specifically ask for the sweet.

Comment

I think that's fairly common in the south. Around here the restaurants that I know have ties to the south often offer sweet tea, and non-sweet, the other ones normally don't.
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

*grin* A sip of properly made southern style sweet tea can send a non diabetic person into sugar shock.

Have you seen the first Men In Black movie? Remember when the bug in the "Edgar Suit" asked for sugar water & she emptied the sugar bowl into the water? Yeah. It's like that.
          Last edited by Foxglove8778; 04-20-2007, 12:52 AM. Reason: adding more text
          Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

I luuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvv me my sweet tea! Love it! Love it! Love it! And my daughter does too (but I only let her take a sip or two before I cut her off). When a friend of mine was pregnant with her daughter, that's all she craved to drink.

Sweet iced tea - yummy!

Comment

you mean people will drink it.... UNsweetened? *blech* Granted, I don't dump a whole bowl of sugar in mine, one equal or sweet & low packet is usually enough. I'll use two if it's particularly strong tea.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

When I visited my friends in Atlanta, I accused them of trying to kill me with the sweet tea! And then I found out that was the HALF sweet version. Ack!!

I drank beer* the rest of the time I was there, heh. At least it wasn't sweetened or fried within an inch of its life. LOVED the city though! And those long warm evenings, with fireflies... wow, just fantastic!

*(And I reinforced a few Canadian stereotypes, apparently... hey, can I help it y'all only put half as much alcohol in your beer as I'm used to? Of course I could drink 5 and still be mostly sober! Hee hee... of course, that was on the day I didn't get heatstroke)

Comment

I have a friend who moved to the south, and was waiting tables while she went to school there. The restaurant she worked at brewed hot tea, and put 4 CUPS of sugar per gallon of tea in their sweet tea before they iced it down.
                  The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I had gestiational diabetes when I was pregnant with my girls. I would drink unsweetened tea with lemon juice.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      you mean people will drink it.... UNsweetened? *blech*
                      Unsweetened is the only way to drink tea otherwise it is like flat, watery pop.

Something I have always wondered about ever since I first heard about sweet tea - has the South never heard of this invention called the sugar packet? Why let someone else determine the amount of sugar in your tea? Just serve it plain with a pile of sugar packets next to it and let everybody do their own thing.
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

My husband and I always have an adventure whenever we go out. We both love Iced Tea. He likes UNsweet tea with lemon. I like SWEET tea with NO lemon. (Easy, yes? Just put the lemon in the unsweet tea and you'll have no worries about giving it to the wrong person).

Only one waiter has ever heard us correctly and was able to give us our drinks on the first try.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                          Only one waiter has ever heard us correctly and was able to give us our drinks on the first try.[/COLOR]
                          I hoped you tipped Jester well!
                          Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Real southern tea is not weak. Properly brewed it's as black as coffee. You need the sugar.

Personally, I make my tea with two tea bags and four sugar packets.
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I love sweet tea.
                              But I think it's disgusting witout some lemon to counter it.
                              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                              X