This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusty Old Bat @ the Beauty Shop

Mom went in for a wax on her day off. 4 hours later she was able to leave. The hairdresser had overbooked, which isn't anything new, but she had about 4 old ladies going at a time. The HD caters to the old gals who spend all their time either in church or at the beauty shop. Since they have nothing else to do with their lives, it's not a problem when it takes literally all day for a perm. My mom isn't a wrinkled old lady. She has other shit to do, but she liked her personality of the gal. Anyhoo Mom was so upset after having half of her day wasted for a 10 minute service and having the hairdresser imply that "old laides" aren't busy. (I was baffled as to why she didn't just walk out, I mean, I've made an appointement for X o'clock, if you can't do it, then I'm outta there.) Mom was so worried about hurt feelings (and being a SC) that she stayed. But she vowed to never return, and made good on her promise...untill last week. She's letting her curly bobbed hair grow until May, as a bet with her sisters, so obviously she hasnt needed a hairdresser!

In dire need of an eyebrow wax and falling victim to her ever trusting nature, she stepped in to her old salon to see if anyone one was free. HD was there, with her geriatric gaggle in tow as usual. She looked mom up and down and while washing another clients hair said "I assume you are here for me to do your eyebrows-at least I hope so, by the looks of them." "Your hair's getting too long also. I don't like it." Before mom could even manage another the crusty old bat in chair chimed in with her 2 cents "You are too old for long hair. Old ladies should keep their hair short." My mom isn't an old lady. While she was still reeling from this bag's comment, HD laughed and told mom that Bat likes to speak her mind, and then agreed (in so many words) with her. While mom was busy HD waived her on, "I'm busy now, but come back about 1:30 and I'll work you in."

Mom turned around and walked out of there with out so much as a kiss my foot or have an apple. Thats customer service!!!
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

I'm with Mom on this one -

I hope she's done something about that.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Don't worry, the old bats can't live forever!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Don't worry, the old bats can't live forever!

I don't know about that one. I think they live on by sheer will-power and spite.

Comment

Oh, they do, they do. My nana is living proof of how staying angry at the world as long as possible will help you live to at least 90....

But on the bright side, they won't live forever. One day these old bats WILL croak. Just hope that next time one says something so rude and catty, karma will bite her in the ass and she'll get up and break her hip.

Oh that was mean......and I don't feel bad about it at all.

Comment

Geez...what does a lady have to do to get a freaking eye-brow wax?
            "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

My mom is the oldest in her group of friends, which they often tease her about. I just keep reminding her that she is the youngest-looking (she really is!) and thank her for my great genes and fantast.

It's annoying being 23 and looking 17, but I'll appreciate it when I'm 57 and look like I'm in my early to mid forties, like my mama.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Just hope that next time one says something so rude and catty, karma will bite her in the ass and she'll get up and break her hip.

Oh that was mean......and I don't feel bad about it at all.
                Yes, it was mean, and not exactly a warm fuzzy, community spirit moment, now was it?

Others have made comments bordering on that and got a slap on the wrist.

Nobody wants to see an elderly person fall and suffer from a potentially life threatening broken hip, no matter how nasty they are, really.

(At least you're leaving it to karma, though, and not threatening to do it yourself.)
                Last edited by Ree; 04-23-2007, 02:00 AM.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

IMAP--sounds perfect to me. Just the right amount of satisfaction right there.

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I'm 26 years old and have yet to find a beautician that treated me like a human being and a paying customer. I'm fat, soft spoken, and tom boyish which I guess is what makes me unpopular with the salon set. So far most hair dressers have treated me, at best wth impatient comtempt, or at worst absolute disdain as if just talking to me was the ultimate act of charity. My seach for a kind, professonal beauty technician is my personal "Holy Grail" search.

Comment

that's one of the reasons I've been stalling (for three years) on getting my hair trimmed. It's grown about 18 inches in the last four years and DESPERATELY needs to be trimmed, but I'm afraid of going in LOL Not so much because I'll lose my hair, but because I'm tired of being overruled and ridden roughshod on by the hairstylists Even on my wedding day, I couldn't get what I wanted because the two hairdressers and my mom overruled me.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I really should keep my mouth shut....but, I do realize how lucky I am. I have a friend that I used to work with who owned a beauty shop once upon a time. She cuts my hair for free!! Well, actually, I'll usually bake something yummy to take to her and her husband, so it works out.

As I think about it, I need to call her. I was going to let my hair grow out, but then the spring winds have started and....nu-huh. Not going to do it. Plus, I like being able to roll out of bed and be ready to leave the house in 30 min.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth the crotchety old bag: "You are too old for long hair. Old ladies should keep their hair short."

Replieth Snap Addict: "Speak for yourself, Methuselah!"
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've had two hairdressers in my life, outside of the occasional trim by myself, my mom or a friend. I went to one hairdresser, named Karen, for the first 14 or so years of my life. She moved away, and I stopped cutting my hair until the end of high school, when it reached my butt and I decided to let my mom's stylist cut it off for Locks of Love. Since then, she's been my hairdresser, and I must say, she's a phenom colorist, which is great for me, as I don't tend to keep my hair the same color for too long and delight in dyeing it rather odd colors as well.

Comment

Tollbaby, I can cut your hair for you......I've been cutting my own hair since I was 12. I ran into too many stylists as a child and young teen who thought they knew better than I did, and I ended up with too many bob hair cuts and styles that didn't fit my face shape.

The last straw was the last time I tried to trust a stylist at age 18. My hair was down to my chest, and all I wanted was short layers in the back, but to keep the longer length as is.........the stylist cut my hair up to my COLLAR bone! I was irate!

Now, 2 years later, my hair is finally back to my chest again. If it weren't for her, my hair would be down my back the way I wanted it by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X