Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm officially taking the plunge this month. I'm getting my hair TRIMMED. If whoever does it DARES to take more than 3-4 inches off, there will be DEATH meted out.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I cry every time my hair gets so nappy at the ends that I have to chop off an inch or more.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That's why I've got to go. It's so broken and split at the ends that I'm starting to look like Yoko Ono in the 70s.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
          I have a working theory that the majority of hairdressers are jealous of women with long hair, since most of them seem to be obsessed with getting anyone with hair longer than shoulder length to chop, chop, chop.
          Then I guess mine is an exception to the rule. At age 41 my hair is longer than it's ever been. It's actually even 2 inches longer than it looks because it curls up so much. Anyway, I had a trim a few days ago and my hairdresser was telling me it's getting so long that soon she might have me stand up to trim it. She only trimmed off about half an inch and encouraged me to keep it going. There have been times when I needed an inch or two trimmed off to keep it nice and I can count on her to let me know, and when I want to make a drastic change she's all for it, but she's never once pressured me to go short if I didn't want to. I guess that's why after so many years of searching I've had her cutting my hair for almost 15 years now.

Oh, and I hear ya about your's wife drastic cut - my brother loves my sister-in-law's hair long and every time it starts growing out again she goes and gets it cut and he just about flips!
          Last edited by CurlyLocks; 05-04-2007, 05:54 AM.
          "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Quoth CurlyLocks View Post
            Oh, and I hear ya about your's wife drastic cut - my brother loves my sister-in-law's hair long and every time it starts growing out again she goes and gets it cut and he just about flips!
            I don't think there are many (I'd say ANY but there's always the wierdos) guys out there that would prefer a short haircut over a long one on a woman.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

The countdown has almost started. Right now, my hair is down past my waist--- straight, strawberry blonde. In a few short weeks I will have to get it cut to about shoulder level (I can't even contemplate anything shorter than that!) because I am facing surgery on both my back (lumbar spine) and my right shoulder (rotator cuff).

There is no way I'll be able to keep up with long hair after surgery.

I'm going to check into donating it to "Locks of Love." They make wigs for kids going through cancer treatment.

On the brighter side, my hair does grow back fairly quickly. It was cut that short 4 years ago when I had to have my neck fusion done.
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                I don't think there are many (I'd say ANY but there's always the wierdos) guys out there that would prefer a short haircut over a long one on a woman.
                My husband tells me my hair is beautiful, whatever length it is. Right now it's short, because I'm going through a 'medical' phase. (AKA: let's get this treated and make Sesh able to work again.)
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  My husband tells me my hair is beautiful, whatever length it is. Right now it's short, because I'm going through a 'medical' phase. (AKA: let's get this treated and make Sesh able to work again.)
                  Ah, love.

And yes, a woman can still look great in short hair, don't get me wrong, but you can't run your fingers through it the same way you can with long hair.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                  X