This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to have to find a new MacDonald's or just give it up for good

Went to MacDonald's last night for some food to take to the D&D gaming session I was participating in. Went through the drive-thru (maybe I should just start going in to order 'cos I don't have problems there
    :knocks on wood.

Lady in the car in front of me is at the order box, ordering. Well, she's not ordering, her kids are from the back seat! Then when she went up to the window to pay, she had to change the order right there AND the kids in the back seat were the ones who paid the lady.

SHEESH.

Drive thru is like purgatory sometimes

I work the drive-thru a lot at one of my jobs.

You know, I've had people do that before. And since I've little tolerance for ignorance these days, I tell those people to pull out of the drive thru, get away from my window, and come back around and order it right the first time at the speaker (if the changes are excessive).

To this day, I haven't had anyone come around and try to order again. It's not my loss, but trying to order at the window is unfair to the other customers in line. Anyone who works drive-thru knows the goal is to have the food ready by the time the people get to the window. In the minute that people go from the speaker to the window, we use that time to make the food and bag it up. So when someone does something stupid at the window, we have to stop making the rest of the orders in line, then START making the new stuff for someone already at the window. I say "no" to that.

Comment

Do your heart a favor and give it up for good!
      Save some of your taste buds too.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Idrinkarum, just give it up, there's better stuff to take to a D&D marathon, (I've had DM's spoil me for it, too) 7-layer chip dip comes to mind.....ooo ooo and cooooookies.....

After I gave up fast food and soda pop for good, I lost 30 lbs over the next two months.

Most I have these days is occasional chocolate and Henry Winehardt's Rootbeer.

I am the homemade D&D eats queen! (Until my fave DM robbed a bank and went to jail, ROFL, ahhhh Oregon).
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Yeah, I know I should give up fast food altogether. However, I do have a weakness for the 2 Chicken Supreme Chalupas meal with a taco & large drink at Taco Bell. (Especially around that "time of month" for some odd reason).

However, in my defense, we game at a single guy's apartment and I don't think he's the culinary type, if you know what I mean.

So until I can organize my house and get it into some semblance of something other than a gigantic playhouse for my daughter, fast food will have to suffice for me & hubby. Meaning, that I would cook for the gamers if we used our house for the D&D homebase.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
            (Until my fave DM robbed a bank and went to jail, ROFL, ahhhh Oregon).
            Do explain....

Also, Idrink, you play dnd, and bring mcdonalds, therfor you rule, and I wanna be a player with you.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My BF's gaming buddies voted me the Best GF Evar when I made hot sammiches and a batch of cookies for the group

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                Also, Idrink, you play dnd, and bring mcdonalds, therfor you rule, and I wanna be a player with you.
                Plaidman! You say the nicest things. LOL Right now, we're playing an Eberron mod, I'm a Changeling rogue. It's fun. I play Living Eberron where I'm an Assimar Bard. (Think Paris Hilton - "Like, my Daddy is an angel" LOL).

Comment

My DM has me spoiled on Quiznos -laugh- He's the best BF ever

Juross of Leukish, lvl 17 Warrior, Spear Grandmaster. representing the great country of the Yeomanry and the city of Greyhawk... and Those Who Serve
                  Last edited by Pezzle; 04-24-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I can't stop eating McDonalds.....whenever one McDonalds screws up my order time and time again, I just go to another one in town......cuz there are tons to pick from........

I really need the greasy pick-me-up on a Friday afternoon after I'm done with my laundry after a hard week at work.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

He robbed the bank to pay child support on a child that wasn't even born yet and probably wasn't his because she was a cheating manipulative bitch.

Does that make sense?

Nope. Which is why the one and only letter I wrote to him in prison started out with "Hey, knucklehead...."

...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        Does that make sense?
                        Well, the manipulative bitch part does kind of explain exactly why a guy would believe something like that... still... YESH . Please tell me they didn't stay together afterwards. Please, for the love of all that is holy and just!
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

That used to aggravate me no end when I worked at Maccy's. That and people ordering loads of modified burgers and then complaining about the wait.

As for the DnD and food thing, we generally have pizza during the Warcraft session on a Sunday co thats at my place and theres a pizza place on the next road over, but the Thursday session is a 'bring something along if you want food' as we play in a church as opposed to a home.

Dragonlover
                          You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

Yeah, I've thought about bringing it up, but again, I'd do that only if it was hosted at my house. Another thing: I'm the ONLY girl in the group. So I'd think of things like this and the guys don't seem to (though they're all in relationships/married themselves). I might just have to start making us sammiches or something from home and bringing them for me & hubby.

But that would mean I'd have to keep track of daughter, daughter's things that she's taking over to Nana and Papa's house (my parents), hear my mother lecture me about gaming, keeping my cool, finding the apartment building, parking, grabbing my purse (yes, I'm one of the few females I know that carries one), grabbing my gaming bag (it's a backpack on wheels), grabbing food & drinks and hoofing it to the apartment we're gaming at.

While my husband gets in his car, drives to said apartment, gets out, grabs his gaming bag (an oversized backpack that he got at an Army surplus store) and going to the apartment.

*le sigh*

Comment

I think the sad thing is I own every single wizards of the coast gaming book for 3.0 and 3.5. I'm quite sad about Dragon and Dungeon getting the shaft too.

Scratch that. I don't have monsters of faerun since a ex-player stole that one out of all the others one he could have stolen.
                              Military Spouse Support.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                              X