Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe my husband has you beat Plaidman!!! He has all the books for D&D 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. (We have 3.0 and 3.5 because we play Living Greyhawk for RPGA and since WoTC now runs the RPGA, it's free to join BUT you have to use all the books).

Don't get me started on all the other books he has for RPG games. He's got some that people have never heard of (i.e., the Pendragon RPG series). Yeah, I married a geek, but he's my geek and like Raps, he's got furry man boobs, but he's not fruity.

Comment

Henry Winehardt's! Haven't had their sodas since I left Vegas. :9~~~ They're not sold east of the Mississippi, I'm told.

My local McDonald's tends to be pretty competant. They put up with me hanging out there for an hour or two before work on really cold days. (Yes, I always order food, so that probably helps.) Their managers are nice, too.

All my gaming is done online, though. I'm mostly a low-power Rifter (friends and I actually went and fixed all the horribly broken rules.) Right now, I'm trying to find people willing to play The World's Largest Dungeon...

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
        Do your heart a favor and give it up for good!
        Save some of your taste buds too.
        OK, can't argue with the heart part, but sometimes the taste buds just gotta have it! Every few months or so I need a hamburger (or 2), and fries with honey, and sometimes a chocolate shake! Luckily I don't have a McD's along my daily travels or it would probably be more often than every few months!

And I have nothing to add to the DnD conversation...only experience I have with it is shelving the SciFi section at the bookstore
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I rarely eat McDonalds. I used to like love it when they cooked the fries in beef tallow, but now with all the less than healthy people complaining about it, they've changed things. I liked the fact that it was bad for you but tasted delicious.

Anyhoo, I went there last week and bought a beef and bacon burger with cheese, looking forward to the explosion of fat and salt in my mouth. I open the box........and there is a human hair about six inches long and black stuck half into the burger

I immediately lost my appetite and threw the burger away. I didn't even bother going back for my money or to tell them about it. I just felt sick.

I guess the Gods are trying tell me something. Well, I listened and I will NEVER go to a McDonalds as long as I live.

Funny though, even reading Fast Food Nation and Chew On This didn't turn me off, but that one hair did.
          Total surrender
          Your touch is so tender
          Your skin is like water on a burning beach
          And it brings me relief
          "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

The last two times I went to McDonalds, I was sick as a dog (like throwing up half the night). The first time, I got my usual double quarter pounder with cheese, and before I'd even left the parking lot, I was starting to have stomach cramps. (like, bend you over and make you feel like your intestines are being ripped out cramps).

I figured it might be a fluke stomach flu or something, and didn't really attribute it to the McDonald's until about a month later when I went back (I only go every few months or so as a treat for the kids). I ordered one of the salads that came with a breaded chicken breast, and again, started having stomach cramps before I'd even driven away after eating and ended up throwing up half the night.

That's officially the last McDonalds I will ever eat. I also refuse to eat Burger King, Pizza Hut, and New York Fries for similar reasons. (and I'm now apparently adding pizza pops to the list - *groan*)
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
            X