This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Security and the Drunk

As I mentioned before in a previous post, stress and I are not friends. I also am not fond of bureaucracy, no offence to those who work for the gov't.

Being a churchmouse-poor student, I'm trying to get a job. So I kind of need my SSC. My Ratb*st*rd Stepfather, henceforth known as Hurricane Dorkwad, stole it, so Wednesday, I'm at the SS office, fighting for my card. Due to the wait, I missed an outing with a dear friend and almost missed taking my meds. But, despite this crabbiness-inducing series of inconviences, I think I was a saint that day and the lady who helped me was nice as apple pie.

So, I'm standing outside to await my ride home. It's raining and a bit nippy for April, plus I'm wearing a short skirt. It's not a great side of town. The gentrification stopped two blocks west. But the security guard is standing outside and we're having a friendly, if terse chat, so I feel safe.

Suddenly, this rangy, dirty fella staggers up, hauling the smell of Pabst Blue Ribbon behind him like a Radio-Flyer wagon. Now, I'm nervous. Hurricane Dorkwad made me scared of anybody who's obviously smashed. But, then I remember that nice Southern Gent of a Security Guard (SG2

SG@: Can I help you, sir?
    Drunk: *mumble, incoherent bellow, mutter*
    Me: *thinking* Eau de Cheap Booze...Ugh. *start sniffing own wrist for relief*
    SG2: I'm sorry, sir?
    Drunk: *Louder, slower mumbling*
    SG2: I'm sorry, sir. You'll have to come back when you sober up.
    Drunk: *nods, starts trying to climb the steps*
    (Repeat last two lines for 10 minutes)

Finally, the guy glares at me and staggers away. Why me? I dunno, maybe he way trying to see my panties.

Quoth TwoScoopsSciath View Post
    I also am not fond of bureaucracy, no offence to those who work for the gov't.
    The people I know who work or have worked for the Government would reply "You think it's bad from your side?!"

Edited to fix quote tags
    Last edited by Naaman; 05-03-2007, 09:34 PM.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I work for the gov't.... I totally agree LOL
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I'm not belittling gov't workers, just the rules we BOTH have to deal with.

Comment

Working...
        X