This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiney jerk at the doctor's office

I get it, nobody wants to take time off from work to go to the doctor. Yearly physicals are a bother. (Hey ladies, once you have finished menopause, you only have to get that exam every 3 years. Getting old does have its perks.)

My doctor's office is great. They make the appointment to accommodate my schedule, I know what they are going to need before I get there. The longest time I have ever waited to be called in is 17 minutes. Of course there is paperwork to be filled out every year, but its a short form.

Today I went in for my yearly physical. Nice tech took my insurance card, handed me the form to fill out and I went to one of the comfy chairs. And spent the next 10 minutes listening to some entitled idiot complaining about all the paperwork, and the wait, and the very quiet music.

Dude! Shut the heck up. I happen to know that there is a waiting list for new customers here. Do you really want to get fired and have to find a new doctor with an hour wait to be seen? This is the best office in town, if waiting 15 minutes to be seen is too long, maybe you should just go to an urgent care clinic where you can wait for half an hour.

maybe you should just go to an urgent care clinic where you can wait for half an hour.
    And then find out that they don't take your insurance.

Yeah, this happened to my sister.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I cant' stand that. My docs are all in a huge multi-specialty practice. So sometimes, yes, there is some idiocy, but most of the time, no matter which dr., it runs pretty smoothly.

THankfully, with a move, i think most of the idiots in my orthopedist's office have been weeded out. I had an appt, after work, and showed up. Only to be told that they had called me twice, because they needed to reschedule as the dr. would possibly still be in surgery. Ok, no problem, i'm here but can reschedule, its not far for me to come. No, no, let me see, and he was able to see me that day, for which I was grateful, as he had come back.

The issue was, i wasn't home, dogsitting, and while they didn't have my cell #, they had both home and work. They had called me the previous friday, at home, but i didn't get the message. Then called me that day, MOnday, again, at home. Again, I wasn't home as i was working!

The idiocy came when they didn't call my work number either, as common sense would dictate that if you call someone, and they don't call back, and you call the same number again, and don't get them, maybe call the OTHER number they have for you? Morons. Thankfully my dr. is awesome and i'm pretty sure stayed a bit longer to see me.

Comment

Roommate had a doctor that she hasn't gone to in about five years or so, the last time we went there the shortest time we waited there was 2.5 hours. Course it seems like with HER doctors, we're waiting 45 minutes to an hour anyways whereas mine I barely sit down, and I'm being called back.

Then again I don't gripe about things, either.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

And that is why for any doctor or similar appointment, I bring at least one book. People need to accept that stuff can happen that makes the appointment late.

Comment

Quoth lonnolan View Post
            And that is why for any doctor or similar appointment, I bring at least one book. People need to accept that stuff can happen that makes the appointment late.
            Exactly...I always have whatever book I'm currently working on in my backpack at all times (along with a spare pair of reading glasses), for those times I'm taking the train a few towns over to see a movie or do some shopping. In fact, pretty much all of my reading is done on trains or waiting for trains or on my break at work. The last time I had an appointment at the eye doctor, I was frustrated because the eyedrops they gave me dilated my pupils and made it impossible for me to read...and the damn doctor left me hanging for close to an hour.

Comment

What I hate is when you see someone new; I had a girlie doc appt with a new dr. and as it close to work, I scheduled it during lunch. Well, my new dr. is VERY thorough, and takes his time, so I was there for a good hour and a half! But now I know, schedule after work, or on a day off.

And my awesome orthopedist? Had an appt there Monday, for something new, so x-rays needed to be taken. New office, new staff; My appt was at 3:20, and after x-rays, exam AND a shot of cortisone, I was out before 4. And that dept was hopping; and he himself had at least 3-4 patients besides me. And still managed to take his time and not rush me in and out.

Comment

I always try to set the butt crack of dawn first appointments =) I adore my PCP and find he is well worth the trouble to make sure I can get there at 7 am. And it is nice when I do a fasting test to get ther that early as I normally get up at 5 am, and waiting until Ghu knows when is a pain in the rump for a diabetic!
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  I adore my PCP
                  Where is the "Quotes out of context" thread when you need it? For the young'ns out there, in addition to "Primary Care Physician", PCP is also the abbreviation for the chemical name of a drug with the street name "angel dust".
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    For the young'ns out there, in addition to "Primary Care Physician", PCP is also the abbreviation for the chemical name of a drug with the street name "angel dust".
                    I keep thinking of Buffy the Vampire Slayer; the general public used to blame vampire activity on gangs on PCP
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I always felt bad for the people who had appointments after me when I was sick. I had an anemia attack and got an appointment in the "flex" spot. The guy before me was having "chest pains" and rather than go to the heart hospital associated with the clinic he just went to the clinic. He thought it would be faster. Well after he died they decided to take me back. So yeah. I had next to no red blood cells and am fainting when I stand. Or sit, or lean, or breath. I was the second person of the day and no one else got seen till noon. I went to the emergency room and they sent me to my general practitioner who sent me for blood work and passed out on their clinic. So they ran and got my doctor. It was a very chaotic day.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                        Exactly...I always have whatever book I'm currently working on in my backpack at all times (along with a spare pair of reading glasses), for those times I'm taking the train a few towns over to see a movie or do some shopping. In fact, pretty much all of my reading is done on trains or waiting for trains or on my break at work. The last time I had an appointment at the eye doctor, I was frustrated because the eyedrops they gave me dilated my pupils and made it impossible for me to read...and the damn doctor left me hanging for close to an hour.
                        I stopped reading books at the eye doctor's office. Reading books caused my eyes to adjust to the reading position, and that affected the tests they did to determine which eyeglass prescription I needed. I found out the prescriptions were better for me when the tested my resting eye position instead of the reading eye position.

However, when I go for appointments with Mrs. IA I always take a book to read.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I stopped reading books at the eye doctor's office. Reading books caused my eyes to adjust to the reading position, and that affected the tests they did to determine which eyeglass prescription I needed. I found out the prescriptions were better for me when the tested my resting eye position instead of the reading eye position.
                          I had eye surgery a few years ago that allowed me to finally ditch my glasses (I was blind as a bat ever since I was very young), so now I only need glasses to read fine print, and even then only indoors. When I'm outside on a sunny day, I can usually read a book or magazine fairly well, as long as I hold it at the correct angle/distance. My annual eye appointment is basically nothing more than a formality to check that everything is still fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X