Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd think someone with a genuine grievance (and sadly, racism DOES still exist) would want to talk to the black / latino / whatever coworker, as there would be a greater likelihood of being heard. If they book it out the door the same instant someone with their skin color shows up behind the counter, then they're blowing smoke and they know it.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Someone pulled the race card on the store I work at. They called corporate and reported us. The strange thing is, they couldn't give specific examples and were unable to provide names or physical descriptions of particular employees They just felt like the general mojo or something of the store was racist. The employees who interacted the most with them are well known for being extremely kind(think lovable grandma/grandpa), have had no previous complaints against them, and seem to be liked by every other customer(including the ones of this race). But boy did corporate kiss ass! (Although for the kiss ass return trip, the store made sure that the employees who interacted with them the most were the same race. This was an excellent strategy. One of the employees was my friend and she told me the person was cold and just strange.

And then they told a family member and the family member came to our store screaming. Good times, good times.

Comment

Working...
      X