This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
    PE: I'm sorry. I can't allow him to ride, even if you ride with him. Safety regulations are there to protect the riders. The safety bars and belts are not meant for someone so small. He will slide around too much and may slip out of the restraints.

SM: He wants to ride it and he is GOING to ride it!
    This is one of the most disturbing things I've read on this board! How can any mother on the planet not be horrified at the thought of her child slipping out of the restraints on an amusement park ride!

I just can't believe it.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
      My favorite ride of all time though was the Rotor up at Kennywood. Too bad it's gone now. The ride had a circular room where the padded wall would spin. You'd stand up against the wall, and they would get the whole room spinning so that you'd be pressed against the wall, then the floor would drop out leaving you stuck to the wall. I loved it.
      Every fair and midway up here has that ride. We call it the Gravitron. I LOOOOOOVE it. It's the only ride (other than the pirate ship) that I can still go on without feeling sick. It's been YEARS since I've gone to a midway though.
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I have panic attacks when thinking of going on roller coasters/ferris wheels/the log (flume) ride. I. will. not. ride. anything. that makes me leave solid earth. This also includes the "ski lift" things that take you from one side of the amusement park to another.

I will go to amusement parks, don't get me wrong. However, I will stick with rides like the carosel(sp?) and the innertube water ride were 6 people are sitting in it and depending on the people, you'll get soaking wet! Those are fun for me.

I will not force my child to ride any ride she doesn't want to ride. And I wouldn't force a park employee to let my daughter ride a ride she can't fit on.

Comment

I don't mind the ski lifts and ferris wheels and stuff. And oddly, log flumes don't bother me, and I do not know why that is. I can ride a log flume. I cannot stand coasters or any other thing that slings you around. I wonder if the centrifical force is less on a flume.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
            Maybe she's trying to kill him?

This reminds me of Disney World. I was in line for Space Mountain and there was a woman and a girl ahead of me and the girl kept going "I don't know if I want to go on this ride" and the woman kept saying "It's not scary, Honey, you'll love it!" Repeat for half the wait for the ride. Space Mountain is a scary ride! It's a roller coaster in the dark, and the cars are single seats so you can't even hold on to someone. I hope that girl was ok.
            My parents dragged me onto that ride as a child, kicking and screaming, "Mommy, Daddy please don't make me, Please don't do this to me".
            I Spent the entire thing clinging to the so-called safety bar, trying not to be thrown out and sobbing with my eyes clenched shut, in a nightmare of g-forces and clamoring digital noise. Sensory Hell on a teeny little girl with a diagnosed problem coping with such things.
            To this day, I have never been able to go near anything remotely like a rollercoaster without a panic attack. Not even log rides.
            I love my parents. Greatly. But I never have been able to forgive them for that. That lady needs to be positive she's assessing her daughter's mood right... Mind, I was much more vocal... Eheh...
            "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

I can never go on the Roller Coasters or anything like that, since I have scoliosis. I do like the Bumper Cars, and the Tilt-a-whirl.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Bumper cars (and boats!!!!) rule!!!!!!!!!

However, I think I'll find a nice mini-golf course.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My mom got the sheeyat scared out of her 3 times on 3 different roller coasters.

The first time, she literally slipped out on a loop. Her tiny tiny aunt caught her and pulled her back in.

Since then I'm not allowed on roller coasters.

Well, last time I saw one I was 10. So I'm pretty sure by now if I wanna go on one, I don't need her permission.
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Hehe, I work near Hersheypark and have heard great stories from all my friends who work there (mostly ride attendants and hair wraps)

I used to think ppl would value their child's safety and not want to send their undersized child on something that goes upside-down. Apparently not...

Never been to Kennywood though.
                    Bitch-Moan-Dog-Puppy-Baby-Pregnant-Bitch-Moan

Comment

Hey, long time no see! I'm a Pittsburgher myself (only for another month :-() and used to LOVE Kennywood! Love the Thunderbolt!

Mom was totally in the wrong. Height is what the criteria is for riding rides......see it everywhere anymore....grrr.....people need to care more about safety of their children!

Comment

What's with all the Pittsburghers on here lately? I haven't been to K-wood in quite some time though
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

The girls and I went to Kennywood last summer. Both of my girls are daredevils when it comes to coasters. We went to Cedarpoint, Kings Island and Geuaga Lake last summer

Comment

Fellow coaster junky, checking in. My local coaster Mecca is Magic Mountain up in Valencia.

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                            Every fair and midway up here has that ride. We call it the Gravitron. I LOOOOOOVE it. It's the only ride (other than the pirate ship) that I can still go on without feeling sick. It's been YEARS since I've gone to a midway though.
                            Nope. The Gravitron is a similar concept, but a different ride. The Gravitron has sloped sides, and usually the 'pallets' are free to slide up and down against the walls as the operator adjusts the speed. The ride the other poster was talking about is a cylinder. They have one at Magic Mountain. It's been there forever.

My favorite coaster moment was when Goliath was still new. Me and two friends were there for a day at the park, and near the end we took a couple of runs on Goliath before the park closed down. On the first trip, we figure out where the camera point is. The second time through, we all pose like we're asleep in the car as we go by. The people running the photo booth and the others who had been on that run all thought it was hillarious.

If you don't know, the ride starts out with an 255 foot drop nearly straight down into a tunnel. The tunnel at the bottom of the drop is where the photo point is. We had a lot of time on the 235 foot lift hill to work on our expressions.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                              Maybe she's trying to kill him?

This reminds me of Disney World. I was in line for Space Mountain and there was a woman and a girl ahead of me and the girl kept going "I don't know if I want to go on this ride" and the woman kept saying "It's not scary, Honey, you'll love it!" Repeat for half the wait for the ride. Space Mountain is a scary ride! It's a roller coaster in the dark, and the cars are single seats so you can't even hold on to someone. I hope that girl was ok.
                              I agree that if the little girl didn't want to ride, that her mom should not have made her, but my oldest dd rode Space Mountain when she was 5 and loved it, so it is possble that little kids will enjoy it.

The teenage kid behind us in line was rather impressed with her. He said his little brother was 10 and refused to go on it with him. After we got off (I was in the front of the car, S was middle and the boy was at the back) he gave her a high-five and told her he was going to tease his brother because he just rode Space Mountain with a 5 year old girl.

Comment

I love rollercoasters. I'm a total coaster freak.

STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH!!!!! 0-80 mph in 2 seconds, over 200 feet high, no boring lift hills it's 3-2-1 and BAM you're OFF!!!!!

WHEE!!!!!!!
                                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                                X