This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line jumpers suck

So this happened today at Walmart. Me and my sister went to do the grocery shopping, it was really crowded and there were long lines at the registers. We got in a line and it actually didn't look too bad. The lady ahead of us didn't have anything, which a little weird, but I was so busy trying to get through the crowd I didn't really notice. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it even if I did notice. After we'd been waiting a few minutes she calls to somebody in line at the next register and a young girl gets out of that line, comes over with a half full cart and gets in front of us. Kind of annoying, but we let it go. Then a man follows the girl out of the next line with a FULL FREAKING CART and also gets in front of us. They're all together. The lady was saving a place in one line while her family/companions/ whoever the hell they are got in another line, just to see which one's going to be better. Now, I have no issue with one person lining up and waiting for a second person to come over with the cart, but if somebody lines up behind them before the cart gets there, guess what? That cart goes to the end of the line. Cutting the line is rude, doing it with a full cart is even ruder.

There was some justice, though. I just gave them a filthy look and me and my sister switched to the line they got out of. We got checked out faster. Take that, stupid line jumpers!

Sounds like she was place holding. Hedging bets on the faster line.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      Sounds like she was place holding. Hedging bets on the faster line.
      The house always wins. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I've seen people of mart...not all ways.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Line jumpers are the worst. I've a hard time not calling that out.

Also self-queuers suck. At many stores in the US, you just don't queue. It'd be nice if they did but they don't. So I'm shopping at Sam's Club with Awesome Kid and get stuck behind the Self-queuer. He's visibly straddling two lines to pick the one faster. I finally tell him, "Sir, which line are you in?" To which the SC responds with, "well I don't know," while studiously avoiding eye-contact. My hackles immediately go up and I start towards him to compel him to pick a line or else, until Awesome Kid, grabbed me and shuttled me over to the SCO's which were available. I submitted, all the while, snorting flames and glares.

Side note, Awesome Kid got the car to pick up me and our purchases at the pick up cul-de-sac and SC self-queuer slid in *just* before him. He drove right past me, making eye contact with me and all I could think is, "you're in my way again!" He ended up driving so far down the end of the cul-de-sac that he managed to drive up on the sidewalk. To be fair, unless we pulled up right behind his bumper we'd have been able to pull out as we loaded up faster than him but I found the thought of him driving up onto the side walk to get away from me more cheering.

Comment

Working...
          X