Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I was waiting for a fare at Local College Named After A River, fairly late at night (around 8 pm). I spent the wait BS'ing with the security guards. One of them asked, "Is this your second job?" I told him no, I drive full-time, to which he replied, "So why are you dressed like a C.O.?" while pointing toward my legs. I glanced down and realized what I was wearing: my usual steel-toed boots and a pair of my brother's old corrections officer (C.O., aka "prison guard") uniform pants.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Never wear a polo shirt into a greens of wall. I was asked 3 times if I work there. Their shirts are blue. I was wearing bright pink.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I was once walking downtown after a meeting and I was in my security uniform - some guy asked me if I was a cop. Black tactical pants and a tactical sweater with a grey collar poking through. I guess maybe I looked a bit like one, but with SECURITY emblazoned on my back and a smaller security tag on the front...well, I told him no and carried on.

Comment

I was shopping at a large discount retailer when a SC requested that I have someone go into the parking lot to retrieve carts because there weren't enough carts by the door. I appreciate that she assumed that I was a manager by my bearing and maturity, but, no, I didn't work there and I informed her of such. I must be weird, I usually snag a cart out of the cart corral and push it into the store rather than sorting through rejected ones with bad wheels by the door.

Comment

Quoth Captain Neon View Post
            ...I must be weird, I usually snag a cart out of the cart corral and push it into the store rather than sorting through rejected ones with bad wheels by the door.
            Then we are both weird I do it more because I know that I'm going to need a cart anyhow, why not grab the one in the parking lot and push it in instead of leaving it for an employee to push in.

Comment

One place that frequently has a good sale on soda, I occasionally leave a cart out after I've finished with it (only corral is in the store, you have to go into the store, and around to the exit door, to put the cart in the corral). Of course, the times I do this, I've collected 2 or 3 from the parking lot on my way in, and put the excess ones in the corral, so I'm still a net putter-away of carts.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                Then we are both weird I do it more because I know that I'm going to need a cart anyhow, why not grab the one in the parking lot and push it in instead of leaving it for an employee to push in.
                And put that poor cartherd out of a job?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

For some reason, no matter where I've been working at the time, people have always assumed that I work in whatever shop I happen to be in. I can only conclude I have some kind of aura that gives that impression.

Sometimes I could kind of understand it - for example, going into Debenhams (where the female staff wore white blouses and navy skirts) on a day where I just happened to be wearing that combination (I was at the insurance company at the time). But getting buttonholed in Tesco superstore - where they wear red or navy polos and navy pants - when I was wearing jeans and a black and white Lost Satellites tee shirt..... that was a bit puzzling...
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                  X