This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's tight arse Tuesday and there's crabby arse Tuesday

So recently a mate and I visit a local store with an in house cafe for dinner. So we line up, I get my order, they botch it by giving a larger serve than what I asked for. I mentioned this, and the guys serving were a tad crabby about it but fixed it so I got a slightly larger serving at the smaller price. Ok, service wasn't crash hot but nothing worth turning SC over, and I got a feee upsize from it so I'm happy.

My mate was next in line. I realised that something was amiss when I had managed to pay for my order, grab a seat, and they haven't even reached the register yet. So I start eating. After getting a fair chunk of the way through my meal, I look to see where they are. They're now off to the side having a full on conversation with a manager. As I'm finishing my meal they come over, and I ask what happened.

They'd ordered a free side meal with their main, and size of the serving wasn't up to my mates standard. When he questioned it, apparently the girl serving made a comment about complaining about a free side meal before adding a tiny bit more to it and slamming it back down.

For that, my mate demanded a manager and was making a little bit of a scene (thankfully I was far enough away to not hear the antics but close enough to see the carry on). They then demanded a full replacement of his meal (which they got), for the person that served them to be sacked on the spot and that it's ruined their week.

As I mentioned, sure the service wasn't the best, but I didn't think it was worth the carry on that's happened - in a way it's gone from some average service to a posting on here.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

I didn't think it was worth the carry on that's happened
    Aye, agreed -- It's not your fault, though. Service at that place sounds questionable for multiple reasons, but even the side-item girl's behavior, while unacceptable, isn't really grounds for a "fire her now" demand x.x
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It sounds like she needed some "coaching" as they like to call it nowadays. But fired? Dunno about that. I have this gut reaction to ANY customer demanding someone be fired. I don't think they have a right to demand that unless the person attacked them or something equally serious.

She was definitely out of line, though.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X