Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running late for a bus doesn't mean you can steal my food.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running late for a bus doesn't mean you can steal my food.

I got breakfast at Green Siren Coffee this morning before a client visit; it was busy, but not overly so. The woman in front of me orders a fancy breakfast sandwich, I order a croissant (half the price and not as yummy, but it's food and my card balance is low). Both of us give names for the orders; hers sounds nothing like mine.

My croissant comes out first...I move toward the bar on hearing my name called, who swoops in but the lady ahead of me. Barista clearly said "CROISSANT" (even if the two items did sound similar, hers had completely different fillings than mine) and my name. Before I can say "excuse you, this is MINE" she's out the door That croissant was the last one.

The next item to come out is her pricey sandwich...and a mocha (apparently she had the sandwich and two drinks as she had a normal coffee in her hand). By this time she's long gone and the barista knows this (we both saw her run outside and cross the street to board a bus)...he tells me that I can have both items as SC has my food and policy is they have to toss the mocha if nobody picks it up within a minute or so. Everything was paid for if not by the correct person, and if SC was so oblivious as to forget what she ordered that's on her (she doesn't actually have proof of what she ordered as she paid cash and left her receipt on the bar).

Ultimately not completely sucky as I made out ahead (tastier sandwich and enough coffee for the whole day), but still annoying. Occasionally I'll have my food/drinks swiped; while they will remake it that can be a pain in the tail especially if it's busy.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

I get irritated by the groups who stand around the pick up counter and chat. Then you have to elbow your way in, because they're waiting for hot food and my drink is done first. Also, I order whole-milk drinks and nobody steals them. Oh, and order on their app and they keep it behind the counter until you ask for it. (Usually) I have gotten some glares when I walk into a busy place and go straight to the pick up counter and walk right out with my drink. Not my fault I knew what I wanted and ordered from my parked car.

...boy, I'm a stereotype for my state, aren't I?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I wonder at what point she realized she'd grabbed the wrong sandwich and only one drink ...

Karma bites.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

...and then she returns and yells at Dreamstalker for 'stealing her food'....
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

here how i provent this,
          I DONT DRINK COFFEE.
          I seriously went into a starbucks for a hot cocoa cause i couldn't sleep and was doing laundry and wanted sugar and the barista looked at me in shock cause i always walk by but never in.

Comment

All of the coffee places I frequent get the oblivious groups around the pickup counter*, the nearest location of the chain that starts with a "P" is the worst for this as they have the lids/cream/etc right at the counter. I've had my drinks stolen there too, but not as much.

* At times I wonder if the teens especially don't congregate there specifically to swipe drinks...wouldn't surprise me in this town ("ungrateful little yuppie larva")
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I had that happen at a fast food place once. The person ahead of me put in a rather large order and I only ordered 1 sandwich and a drink. My food came out first and the person ahead of me grabbed it and left. The server didn't see him go and I was too shocked to say anything.

When the server turned around with the first person's order (in a much larger and fuller looking bag than my single sandwich), I told him what happened. He just shook his head and asked if I wanted a new sandwich or if I wanted the full bag of food in his hand. He didn't seem at all surprised, just had a resigned look, so I took the bag, thanked him and left.

Comment

Working...
              X