Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ended up wiping the thing. The only reason I even know about it is because he stopped by to borrow my Windows 7 disc, and to download drivers for the machine.

While he was here doing that, he called the number from the popup just to fuck with them. He wasted a good hour of their time, and I was sitting here trying not to laugh out loud while he was doing it.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      He ended up wiping the thing. The only reason I even know about it is because he stopped by to borrow my Windows 7 disc, and to download drivers for the machine.

While he was here doing that, he called the number from the popup just to fuck with them. He wasted a good hour of their time, and I was sitting here trying not to laugh out loud while he was doing it.
      Good for him! FTW!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post

He didn't by any chance tape it, did he? There's some awesome stuff on YouTube about people screwing around with scammers ... one of the best, IMO, is James Veitch ("By making these scams ridiculous, the only people who are gonna reply are the most gullible people ... and me." )
        Last edited by Pixelated; 03-03-2017, 09:50 PM.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth little_miss_springfield View Post
          I got a call like that awhile ago. Somebody named Jennifer with "customer service" called about some reward points that were about to expire and started asking me to confirm if my income was still X amount. She called me by name, but didn't say where she was calling from. After I asked "who are you? where are you calling from?" a few times, getting really pissed when she ignored the question and acted like she didn't hear me, I realized Jennifer was a robot and hung up.
          Was this one where you answered, "Hello?", there's a long pause, and when you say "Hello" again, she goes, "Hello", another long pause, then "Oh, I'm sorry, my headphones aren't working right!" then goes into her spiel? Yeah, that's their latest trick; the realistic sounding robo-caller. Ticks me off. Those callers get immediately reported to the Do Not Call registry.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            He didn't by any chance tape it, did he?
            Not this time, but he did record another one from about two years ago. Basically, what he does is plays dumb, like he's a naïve PC owner who got one of those popups and called the number. He had that one going for awhile, but the whole thing kind of went south when they started quoting prices, and he yelled into the phone "HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY!" After that, they started hanging up on him, and he'd call them right back. It finally got to the point where they were practically begging him not to call back, and then the started picking it up and just setting it down. When he finally got tired of playing with them, he cussed them out, basically saying they were losers for not working an honest job like everyone else, and threatened to "come over there and fuck them sideways."
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I think I really like your son

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Was this one where you answered, "Hello?", there's a long pause, and when you say "Hello" again, she goes, "Hello", another long pause, then "Oh, I'm sorry, my headphones aren't working right!" then goes into her spiel? Yeah, that's their latest trick; the realistic sounding robo-caller. Ticks me off. Those callers get immediately reported to the Do Not Call registry.
                I had one of those once, I can't recall what they were trying to sell/scam but the "voice" Was a little off, and I actually asked "is this a robot?". And she laughed and said "Do I sound that bad today? I started to apologize, and...it glitched. Two different recordings from different parts of the script started playing at the same time. I hung up.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  There is another robot call that starts out saying something like, "Hi, you're harder to get a hold of than my kids," or "You're hard to get a hold of." All the time acting like they're someone you should know.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                  X