X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud, obnoxious jerk at Subway

Long time no see.

So anyway, my son (now 15) and I went to our local Subway. I wanted a foot-long on Italian, girl told me they were out, so I shrugged and said wheat. My son and I split foot-longs.

So while I'm waiting for our sandwich, this unwashed-looking guy comes in and asks "so what kind of bread do you have left?"

I kind of tuned out after that. Then minutes later the guy goes off. He starts complaining about the lack of availability of stuff, the girl's attitude, blah blah blah, and says he's going to call management on Monday morning.

The girl went into the back and I noticed, even with her back to me, that she was crying a bit. Almost got me started. I'd been there, a counter jockey, encountering rudeness. After a couple of minutes she pulled herself together, sucked it up, and went to wait on another customer.

It's not that far from closing, this town is a bit dead Saturday nights, I'm not surprised that they didn't have a whole lot of choices at that point. I never heard that girl raise her voice or anything and he was the one doing the yelling. If he kept it up I was about ready to tell him to pipe down.
    Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Did they have some of that new herb bread that wasn't baked yet since it was intended for the next day? That would be perfect for the obnoxious guy - he needs the dill dough stuffed into his mouth.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I would call management on Monday as well and make it clear that the customer was in the wrong. Hopefully the manager or owner of the place has a spine and doesn't automatically assume the customer is always right.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        I would call management on Monday as well and make it clear that the customer was in the wrong. Hopefully the manager or owner of the place has a spine and doesn't automatically assume the customer is always right.
        ^^^ This. Bad enough the poor employee was reduced to tears by that cretin; she really doesn't need to lose her job because of him as well.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Did they have some of that new herb bread that wasn't baked yet since it was intended for the next day? That would be perfect for the obnoxious guy - he needs the dill dough stuffed into his mouth.
          I see what you did there
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X