This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have no record of you.....

This probably doesn't belong in sightings, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. And overall, it's not terribly sucky, but it has been frustrating.

My mother purchased a subscription to a trade magazine for me for Christmas. We assumed I would receive my first issue either in December or January. Well it didn't come. So I called the company and they said they were having issues with the company they were using to handle subscriptions. Finally, a few months later, I received my first issue, and then started receiving them monthly.

Now, I've been patiently waiting the next issue. I saw it at a store and raced home to see if mine had arrived. It hadn't. So I went to the website and saw the mail-out date and it said "please allow 3 weeks for delivery". It's now been four.

So I e-mailed the company - good part, they got back to me very quickly - bad part, they have no record of my name, my mother's name, or any payment. Now my mother doesn't have her credit card statement or e-mail confirmation from back in Nov/ Dec of 2006...... it's May of 2007 now...... so we don't really have "proof of purchase"..... although I know I saw the credit card statement, and I know I received a few of the magazines.....but now all of a sudden all of my information has been lost.

Sooooooo I'm going to try to get w/ my mom this weekend and see if maybe she has statements online (she hasn't used the online system yet, so I don't know if they'll be there), or if we can get the credit card company to send us a statement showing we paid for the subscription. Points for the company in that they said they would send me the last two issues I've missed - but man, it has been a hassel to get this magazine ever since we ordered it! And it's not just me - on another website forum I visit, others have had lots of issues too..... I'm just very frustrated. If they weren't the ONLY trade magazine for this particular trade, I'd cancel my subscription.

I do give them points for being pleasant and everything, but it just seems like they can't get their act together.... customer orders product, customer pays for product, you send product..... how difficult is that???

If you have been receiving the magazine already, then you can use the customer information from the mailing label to have them pull up your account.

At least they're not the company that took over running the online game Horizons. They had an unsecure webpage to collect credit card information, then they double billed a lot of people, then they failed to honor cancellations, then they failed to have any of the money they had collected properly refunded to the people who asked for it. They were truly incompetant, and completely apathetic about it.

Your trade magazine people sound like they got caught with a bad processing company and/or are changing over to a different system and there are a lot of kinks to work out.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wow glad I wasn't involved in that online game thing!

Yeah I know it's really probably the fulfillment/ subscripition company's fault and not the magazine's, but man it's been frustrating!

That's a good idea to look on the previous magazines I've received! Thanks!

Comment

Any time.

I handle the mail duties here after accounting pulls the checks out, and we have a few catalogs that come to about a dozen different people, most of whom don't work here any longer.

Every so often I'll call them up and have them cancel out all but on catalog to the address and have that one be sent to "Purchasing" rather than a name, since the person doing purchasing this month probably won't be the person doing it next month.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Problem with using the mailing label is, at least for the ones I get, the mags are wrapped in plastic so the mailing label gets thrown out when you open it, so there's a good chance there isn't one lying around the house...

Working in a bookstore, I always hated it when the magazines came into the store before I got my copy. I would always read magazines on my break, and sometimes my subscription copy would be so late I'd run out of other mags to read and would have to refrain from reading my mags in the store.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My parents, sister, and myself all get Readers Digest. But for some reason, I usually recieve my copy almost three weeks after they recieve theirs. No idea why, since we all live within 30 miles of each other.

Comment

Is it still sealed?

When I was still in Anaheim, the post office was awful. All of my WWF magazines would come pre-read.

Either the postmaster or one of the carriers or sorters got in trouble for stealing mail. It was usually bills or letters from financial institutions. There were over 1000 pieces of misappropriated and unopened mail in the guy's house when they finally put a stop to it.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                My parents, sister, and myself all get Readers Digest. But for some reason, I usually recieve my copy almost three weeks after they recieve theirs. No idea why, since we all live within 30 miles of each other.
                It's because it takes the guys at the post office near your house a few extra days to finish reading yours
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                X