X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But... I Wanted a Pizza :(

Dear Pizza Hut,

When you decide to cancel an order for administrative reasons, would you please have the basic decency to call me and let me know that I will not be getting the savory, cheese-laden pizzas I had ordered on your web site?

I can understand that you will not deliver to my apartment complex due to safety issues. We've been here only a few weeks and we've already had one major fight, we've spotted at least one drug deal, and at least one neighbor openly smokes joints outside his door. I would not ask your drivers to risk their health just so I can have my food brought to my door.

However, would it be too much to ask that you at least call me and tell me this so that I may make alternate plans for dinner? I know that you have my phone number as the last order I placed with you was cancelled because my land line had been disconnected and I hadn't changed my contact number over to my cell phone.

Instead of doing the right thing, however, you circular-filed my order and left me in the dark with the website's promise of a delicious meal in about 40 minutes. When the delivery was half an hour late, I was forced to call you to find out that it was cancelled. By that point it was too late to place a new order with an alternate delivery location. I was forced to make due with corn dogs. It was not the same.

Hungrily Yours,

Andara
    ^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

On a related note, I hope Papa John's decides to scrap the "stop giving a shit about online orders after 10 pm" policy they currently have in place. My wife ordered a pizza online for me to pick up after work, and the order didn't get called into the store until about 25 minutes later when I was already in the store ordering another pizza. The guy in the store cancelled the online order, and of course both ended up charging my debit card.

I got the online order credited back, but the whole bullshit fiesta could have been avoided had the online order taking people actually done what they were supposed to in a timely manner. The guy in the store indicated to me that it was not an unusual event either.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Honestly, I think that's the guy BSing to shift the blame. The PJs I work at has never had trouble getting web orders, no matter what time. Of course, we have our system linked directly into the website and nobody actually has to CALL us with a web order, so I might be wrong.
      Last edited by JustADude; 05-20-2007, 09:11 AM.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post

but the whole bullshit fiesta
        Um, when it comes time for the pinata, I don't want to play ...

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Um, when it comes time for the pinata, I don't want to play ...
          Same here, but the video might be funny.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            I can understand that you will not deliver to my apartment complex due to safety issues. We've been here only a few weeks and we've already had one major fight, we've spotted at least one drug deal, and at least one neighbor openly smokes joints outside his door.
            What? That's ALL you got? Wow, give me a new appreciation for the brave delivery men and women in Carbondale.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
              What? That's ALL you got? Wow, give me a new appreciation for the brave delivery men and women in Carbondale.
              The owners of the complex gave the former management company the boot sometime last year and they totally renovated the place. New paint on everything, upgraded wiring and plumbing. Repaving on the alley access for tenant parking. It's much nicer than it was when my aunt was living here 8 years ago.

I'm fairly certain that most of the local pizza places who might have written the complex off aren't aware of the changes.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Around here I prefer to get my pizza the old fashioned way. I use a phone to order it, and I go and pick it up, only because its usually 45min-1hr to get one delivered, and 20-30min if I pick it up. Unless its a 2am drunk dial to Dominos, I always pick it up.

I did order online from Papa Johns once, but I like the local places better than the chains, and none of those around here have online capability.
                If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

I don't have a car, so going to pick it up isn't really an option.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                  X