Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three hour pizza and you want me to pay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Pizza Hut, but I never get it. Why? There is none in delivery distence. Our Pizza Hut closed down years ago and I haven't had any in years. I usually order from local places at work, even though Dominos is across the street from work. Delivery from Castle Pizza is cheeper than Domino's and better than the other place across the street. There are 4 take out places across the street from work. If I order Domino's it's for the Cheesy Bread. YUM!
    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

In college we ordered from Dominoes or Pizza Hut, whichever one we had the better coupons for that day. They always delivered to the dorms and we'd wait in the lobby for them.

There were one or two other places in town but they didn't deliver.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I remember in college one of the girls down the hall ordered a pizza. An hour later it still had not arrived, so she called the other place in town (small college town) and told them she ordered from the other place, there's hadn't arrived, so she was going to place an order with them and whoever got there first would be paid. She then called the 1st place back and told them that she placed and order with the 2nd place and she would pay whoever got there first.
        I forgot who made it first, but the time difference was only about two minutes.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
          so she called the other place in town (small college town) and told them she ordered from the other place, there's hadn't arrived, so she was going to place an order with them and whoever got there first would be paid.
          Jeez, I wouldn't take the order if someone told me something like that. "Yeah, I'll do a large sausage and onion, 15 Tangential Avenue, and there's a one in two chance you'll get paid for it. Ciao."
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
            Jeez, I wouldn't take the order if someone told me something like that. "Yeah, I'll do a large sausage and onion, 15 Tangential Avenue, and there's a one in two chance you'll get paid for it. Ciao."
            I think the whole point was to light a fire under the first place's ass, and to make sure she could get a pizza even if they were still dragging ass. More than a bit sucky for the 2nd place, but the one that was taking way too long deserved what they got.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I'm sorry, but if you order something, you pay for it. Healthy competition or not, that's just basic business rules. If the first place was too slow, she should have cancelled her order with them, cited the ridiculously long wait as the reason, and then just ordered from the second place. I'd have laughed her right off the phone.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                I'd have laughed her right off the phone.
                But the 2nd pizza place obviously didn't and went along with it, so if they didn't get paid it would be their own fault there IMO. They should have just said no right away.

Comment

My favorite all time pizza was from a local place called Tuscillo's. I loved their pizza, but unfortunately they went out of business a few years ago. Always fun times at my aunt's. She lived in town, so they delivered and we'd have pizza parties sometimes when we would visit.

When I was in college, there was a place called Sam's Pizza, and they make a mean pizza. They delivered to all our dorms, too, so that was a bonus. To this day, I'm certain they make a killing on deliveries.

When it comes to chain pizza, I like Papa John's the best. Little Caesar's is pretty good, especially those $5 hot and ready pizzas. I like Pizza Hut's thin crust and pan pizzas, Domino's Brooklyn style is pretty good, and I really like their Philly Cheese steak pizza, but I get it without the onions and peppers. (Which is how I eat the real thing, just steak and cheese.)

I could go on and on about various pizza places I've tried over the years. I'm a pizza junkie.

To address the original post, I'd have to agree with what you did, and I don't agree with how they handled it. If they didn't deliver to dorms, they should have said so. Showing up way late with an ice cold pizza, after they told you they didn't deliver there, and then had the balls to expect you to pay for it, on top of it not being what you ordered in the first place? Bulls***. Then the delivery guy has the nerve to ask for a big tip?? I wouldn't have paid for it either.
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Working...
                  X